downloaded files

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
farwest

downloaded files

Post by farwest »

Our stake president received some media files from a welfare training meeting that had to be download from his email within 7 days. He downloaded them and some play on his computer and some don't. He wanted to put them on a dvd to use them for training. Does anyone know what the procedure is to do that? Hope this isn't the wrong forum.
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by JonesRC »

I will look into this and see if I can get you some answers.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I assume file are AVI or other playable one.
So what you need is a DVD "burner" (I hope this make sense in English).
I use Linux and K3b as DVD creator.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by JonesRC »

Audiovisual and the Materials Management Department is working together to provide a solution where individuals will be able to access video content for DVD burning on the web. The site will allow individuals to download an image file of the DVD and burn it to disk on their own or make a request for a DVD and have it mailed to them. Watch for this development in 2010.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Hey jonesrc, know you if it will turn be able request and download DVD movies in other languages than English and for international areas than USA?
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Language DVD Products

Post by JonesRC »

MorettiDP wrote:Hey jonesrc, know you if it will turn be able request and download DVD movies in other languages than English and for international areas than USA?
The plan is to use technology that will allow individuals to order or download Church videos in the languages that have video and audio content prepared and that have been approved for release in those languages. You can imagine with all the languages the Church works with how difficult it would be to provide all the content the Church owns in all the languages. Fortunately the Church does have a plan that outlines the availability of certain products in certain languages. There are several factors considered for each Area that allows us to roll out language materials in an orderly fashion. Our hope is to prioritize the content based on this plan and make it more readily available to individuals and Areas.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

jonesrc wrote:The plan is to use technology that will allow individuals to order or download Church videos in the languages that have video and audio content prepared and that have been approved for release in those languages. You can imagine with all the languages the Church works with how difficult it would be to provide all the content the Church owns in all the languages. Fortunately the Church does have a plan that outlines the availability of certain products in certain languages. There are several factors considered for each Area that allows us to roll out language materials in an orderly fashion. Our hope is to prioritize the content based on this plan and make it more readily available to individuals and Areas.

Uhm...I'm interested in know if we will be able to request DVDs by order in international areas... a way like LDS Catalog (we don't have it outside USA, Australia and Argentina). If the system allow us to order DVDs and download digital copies of the same DVDs content, it will be wonderful.

I can imagine Church will not release all his content in all languages, but I hope members in international areas can request English only DVDs and download English only vieo files. As a Church's audiovisual productions collector, I like so much this idea!

Return to “Digital Media”