Unable to see the new calender

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
loghomebldr-p40

Unable to see the new calender

Post by loghomebldr-p40 »

After I log in to the new lds.org and go to the Calender, it continues to "load" and I am not able to see it. I can see all other areas, Resources, Membership, Organizations and Reports.

Suggestions?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

loghomebldr wrote:After I log in to the new lds.org and go to the Calender, it continues to "load" and I am not able to see it. I can see all other areas, Resources, Membership, Organizations and Reports.

Suggestions?
It's not uncommon for the new calendar to have moments when the server is busy. Before I'd get too concerned, I'd try coming back an hour or two later to see if it's working better. Sometimes simply doing a page refresh in your browser helps.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

Thanks. I've tried for 5 or 6 days in a row, multiple times. Last night I tried at midnight. Same result.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

loghomebldr wrote:Thanks. I've tried for 5 or 6 days in a row, multiple times. Last night I tried at midnight. Same result.

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and try again.
If you continue to have problems, try a different browser.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

I just tried to view the calender on a second computer, same thing, could the modem be causing a problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

loghomebldr wrote:I just tried to view the calender on a second computer, same thing, could the modem be causing a problem?

That doesn't seem likely, but if you've got something designed to "protect" your computer by screening the content, it might be doing something. Not the modem but perhaps a security device, firewall, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

Still trying to figure this out. Tried to view the calender on my ipod, same result.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

loghomebldr wrote:Still trying to figure this out. Tried to view the calender on my ipod, same result.
If your iPod uses your home's wireless network, then it's still possible that it is a problem with your local firewall (which might be built into your router).

It's also possible that there is some issue with your ward or stake calendar. You might try asking someone else in your ward to take a look at the calendar and see if they have the same problems you do.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
loghomebldr

Post by loghomebldr »

I just tried viewing the new calender at my daughters house. I get the same result.

She logged in and our stake calender came right up.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

loghomebldr wrote:I just tried viewing the new calender at my daughters house. I get the same result.

She logged in and our stake calender came right up.

This is starting to sound like a permissions issue. It's clear from what you're telling us that only your account has the problem.

If the stake calendar were permissioned as a private calendar then your daughter most likely wouldn't be able to see it either. When you created your LDS account did you include membership information? If you didn't then that's your problem. The logon must recognize you as a member of the church in order to see the calendar.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Calendar”