"Use entire location for this event" Always Checked When Viewing Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nbllds

"Use entire location for this event" Always Checked When Viewing Events

Post by nbllds »

I am a Ward Clerk, and when I click on an event that has a resource scheduled (to view the details), it always has the "Use entire location for this event" check box checked. I am not able to see which resources are scheduled. When I have my wife login (she is not an editor), when she clicks on the same event, it shows which resources are scheduled (grayed out) with check boxes.

I've noticed a similar issue when I go to update a repeating event. The "Repeats" box is checked, but all of the "Recurs every . . . " check boxes are cleared (so I have to make sure I re-check the appropriate ones before saving, even though that isn't what I was changing).

Anyone seen anything similar? Am doing something wrong?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nbllds wrote:I am a Ward Clerk, and when I click on an event that has a resource scheduled (to view the details), it always has the "Use entire location for this event" check box checked. I am not able to see which resources are scheduled. When I have my wife login (she is not an editor), when she clicks on the same event, it shows which resources are scheduled (grayed out) with check boxes.

I've noticed a similar issue when I go to update a repeating event. The "Repeats" box is checked, but all of the "Recurs every . . . " check boxes are cleared (so I have to make sure I re-check the appropriate ones before saving, even though that isn't what I was changing).

You're not doing anything wrong. I'm seeing this, too, at least for resources. It seems to be a bug that appeared fairly recently (perhaps 2-3 weeks ago). I have reported it using the Submit Feedback link.

However, I don't see the similar issue with the Repeats checkbox. The appropriate "recurs every..." check boxes are still checked.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

nbllds wrote:I am a Ward Clerk,
nbllds wrote: I've noticed a similar issue when I go to update a repeating event. The "Repeats" box is checked, but all of the "Recurs every . . . " check boxes are cleared (so I have to make sure I re-check the appropriate ones before saving, even though that isn't what I was changing).

aebrown wrote: However, I don't see the similar issue with the Repeats checkbox. The appropriate "recurs every..." check boxes are still checked.

I am seeing the same issue, but in playing around with it, I noticed that the "recurs every..." check box is still checked on an event that I did not create. It was also a weekly event. I just tested it for a new weekly event that I created and it worked. It seems to me that the issue is with Monthly recurring events.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nbllds wrote:I am a Ward Clerk, and when I click on an event that has a resource scheduled (to view the details), it always has the "Use entire location for this event" check box checked. I am not able to see which resources are scheduled. When I have my wife login (she is not an editor), when she clicks on the same event, it shows which resources are scheduled (grayed out) with check boxes.

Good news! This bug seems to have been fixed. I just looked at it this morning, and it is functioning correctly now, so I think the fix was just deployed last night. I'm happy to see this, because it was very confusing to work with while that bug existed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

aebrown wrote:Good news! This bug seems to have been fixed. I just looked at it this morning, and it is functioning correctly now, so I think the fix was just deployed last night. I'm happy to see this, because it was very confusing to work with while that bug existed.

In case you don't see my response to the other posting of this issue

I just tried this and when I go into an event I added yesterday, with a location of Cultural Hall, the evnt edit screen shows with the check box for "Use entire building" checked. I unchecked it, got the screen to choose only the Cultural Hall again and saved it (after checking for conflicts). I went back in again immediately after and once again the entire building was showing as scheduled.

I fixed it again and this time signed in using my wife's ID. When I view the event now, the event shows with only the Cultural Hall checked...but, she has the ability to edit what resources are needed even when she cannot change anything else about the event. Not sure if it matters but she is in the Primary presidency and so she can add events to the Primary calendar but this event was on our General Ward Activities calendar and not one she should be able to edit. Is anyone else seeing this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aebrown wrote:Good news! This bug seems to have been fixed. I just looked at it this morning, and it is functioning correctly now, so I think the fix was just deployed last night. I'm happy to see this, because it was very confusing to work with while that bug existed.
I guess I spoke too quickly. The problem seems to be back, as reported in this post.

Return to “Calendar”