ICS format not valid

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the problem only affected the file import users, it wouldn't be so bad. They'd know they have a problem.

As far as I'm aware, URL users would have no warning if the sync started failing due to a malformed event.

Edit: To me, the biggest advantage of the new calendar is the sync feature. I see problems there as a significant concerns and more as more members rely on it and may start to ignore the other means of announcing events, trusting that it will already be on their calendar..
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
samliddicott

Post by samliddicott »

RussellHltn wrote: Edit: To me, the biggest advantage of the new calendar is the sync feature. I see problems there as a significant concerns and more as more members rely on it and may start to ignore the other means of announcing events, trusting that it will already be on their calendar..
Offtopic: Interestingly it is cognitively very difficult for me to hear any announcements made from the stand. For some reason I find myself coming-round just after the announcements. It probably comes from going to church since before I could talk. It all comes out (to me) as: blah blah welcome blah bah and now the opening hymn. I review the online calendar as a source for the ward newsletter calendar dates but i find that many members are as unable to read announcements as I am to hear them. (Where the brethren say "The answer to that question is in the handbook" I get to say "it's in the newsletter").
n.oliver

Post by n.oliver »

Another iCal generation error: https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... #post59641

Also offtopic: I've heard a Seventy give instruction that if an announcement is in a program/bulletin/whatever-you-call-a-paper-detailing-the-meeting then refer people to it for announcements/events. I suppose to help minimize business and maximize actual worship :)
n.oliver

Post by n.oliver »

jbh001 wrote: (link)
If that doesn't work, then I would likely use the feedback link at lds.org to report/describe the problem.
Would this be a good action to take for this problem too? or is there a different way to file a bug?

Return to “Calendar”