Confusing Terminology

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sgoodmansen

Confusing Terminology

Post by sgoodmansen »

The "Building Scheduler" title is very confusing. Every calendar admin is a potential building scheduler. A more accurate title would be Resource Manager. This terminology has caused misunderstandings about the person's responsibilities in my stake.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

By calendar admin I presume you are referring to a calendar editor or even perhaps an approver?

Resources are a subset of a location. A building scheduler's responsibilities involve more than managing the resources of a location. Perhaps "Location Manager" would be a better descriptive title if there is confusion about what a building scheduler really does.

I can see how members could confuse the role a building scheduler has in the process of scheduling events if they hold to the old process used in scheduling events in a building. In that model the building scheduler was the single point of deconfliction and approval for resources at a location. That role is now moved, for the most part, to the calendar software. The role and responsibilities of a building scheduler do appear to be more of management rather than actual scheduling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”