Internet Connection for MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

I am very, very, very glad to hear this. If possible, it would be nice to know when these changes are made. I had started being obnoxious to our FM group trying to push the issue, and they repeatedly got a "no-go" from Global Services. I eventually felt bad giving them a hard time and gave up. I sure would like to be able to go home after our already late stake meetings instead of waiting around for an hour for a send/receive to finish!
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

There are several KB articles that mention appropriate use of Internet for MLS connections in buildings with existing CCN broadband connections. One of these includes the letter attached to an earlier post in this thread. The earlier article I mentioned has been modified to clarify the quote given earlier and specify the approved situations for adding a connection for MLS use. I would recommend pursuing this again with some patience in following proper process to obtain such connections.
jeromer7

A Season of Thanksgiving

Post by jeromer7 »

These last few posts have completely validated (at least to me) the usefulness of these forums to address issues and help us poor sheep that wander (and oftentimes wonder) out here in the wilderness. We are NOT alone!!
JLR
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

I contacted Global Services again and got the ok to contact the FM group to install an internet connection. I then contacted the FM group, who responded that they've never done anything like this and have no idea how they would go about it. So I contacted Global Services yet again, and after explaining the situation got through to a second-level support technician who was able to give me what I need to go to the next step.

I am relieved to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. The saga I've gone through seems almost worthy of an operatic or Shakespearean comedy (if you've seen/read "Comedy of Errors", you can get an idea of what it has felt like)!

I'm not sure where the first support technician I contacted got the idea that I had to go through the FM group. This could be worth clarifying to them (i.e. first-contact Global Services support technicians) so that others like myself can more easily navigate the bureaucracy.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

HPaulsen wrote:I contacted Global Services again and got the ok to contact the FM group to install an internet connection. I then contacted the FM group, who responded that they've never done anything like this and have no idea how they would go about it. So I contacted Global Services yet again, and after explaining the situation got through to a second-level support technician who was able to give me what I need to go to the next step.

I am relieved to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. The saga I've gone through seems almost worthy of an operatic or Shakespearean comedy (if you've seen/read "Comedy of Errors", you can get an idea of what it has felt like)!

I'm not sure where the first support technician I contacted got the idea that I had to go through the FM group. This could be worth clarifying to them (i.e. first-contact Global Services support technicians) so that others like myself can more easily navigate the bureaucracy.
Sorry for the problems you may have had. I've forwarded this thread on over to the manager in charge of this group for them to review.

Tom
wadeburt

Internet for MLS

Post by wadeburt »

This is sweet ! No more dial tone. I implemented it on the Stake Computer without issue.
Wade E. Burt
Gallatin Ward High Priest Group Leader
chadstephenson

Post by chadstephenson »

We would love to lose the dial tone, but for those stakes not on the internet beta test (and in buildings without approved FHC or CCN), is there a date when our stake presidents can request internet connectivity for all of their units? Last I heard was by the end of the first quarter '08. Has anyone else heard a specific date or seen a request form?
danpass

Meetinghouse Internet

Post by danpass »

chad wrote:We would love to lose the dial tone, but for those stakes not on the internet beta test (and in buildings without approved FHC or CCN), is there a date when our stake presidents can request internet connectivity for all of their units? Last I heard was by the end of the first quarter '08. Has anyone else heard a specific date or seen a request form?
Our stake has been fortunate to have been part of this beta program. In mid-December we received a communication that mentioned that they are looking at a Q1'08 staged release of the program.
opee

Post by opee »

danpass wrote:Our stake has been fortunate to have been part of this beta program. In mid-December we received a communication that mentioned that they are looking at a Q1'08 staged release of the program.

Our Stake in Iowa is also a part of the Beta program and they recently asked for feedback to know what bugs to work around and how to make it a smooth transition when it is implemented.
jsfriedman

Internet Installation Process for MLS?

Post by jsfriedman »

Would someone give the definitve contact information and/or approval process to get our MLS computers on the internet. We have an FHC and our clerk's offices are already wired.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”