Unable to Delete Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

Also seeing the problem today (Monday in Europe).

I could not submit feedback via LDS.org in the english version (timed out), but the international version allowed me to submit feedback.

Hopefully the issue can be solved soon.
gwarner

Post by gwarner »

I have the same problem and tech support has so far offered no solution. I found my own solution, and that is to move the event to several months before the present date. The system will allow you to do so, even if it will not allow you to delete the event. The result is the same- it is gone from view.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

From all these reports, this seems to be a widespread problem.

However, I would note that I have no difficulty deleting events. I've tried repeating events, single events, all-day events, events with and without resources scheduled. Every one of those events can be deleted from my calendars with no difficulty at all.

So somehow this must be related to specific data. It's not clear to me whether those reporting the problem are unable to delete any events, or if only certain events cause the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Same thing here. The building scheduler called to tell me she could not delete a reservation with Internet Explorer. I tried with Chrome and no luck either. We both just see the spinning graphic.
Dana in Omaha
nathan.g

Post by nathan.g »

Same problem here as well with our Stake Calendar. We suddenly cannot delete any events that were created. We can easily modify them but simply can't delete them.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Many of the issues that we experienced on Sunday have been resolved. I've tested out the deletion of events and haven't seen any problems on my side. Is anyone else still experiencing problems with removing events?
gwarner

Post by gwarner »

My solution to what appears to be a programming glitch is to move the event to the month before the current date. The system will allow you to do this. It does not make the event go away, but it does move it where no one will see it.
bowdenfam

Post by bowdenfam »

On March 20, 2012 I am having the same problem deleting an event. I first found this around March 11th when I tried to delete an event. I have tried deleting it in all the various ways, but can't do anything beyond see the spinner. Some ways I try to delete the screen simply "greys" out but nothing happens. Clearly there is an issue. Any help would be appreciated.
mmrawle

Post by mmrawle »

3/20/2012 Our building scheduler is having the same issues. I tried it myself just moments ago and experienced the same problem.... eternal spinner ;-). Help!
bowdenfam

Post by bowdenfam »

I have tried deleting two separate events. One was a repeating event (wanted to delete single event) and it prompted me on single or series. I selected single and it wouldn't work. I also tried a non-repeating event and it won't delete.
aebrown wrote:From all these reports, this seems to be a widespread problem.

However, I would note that I have no difficulty deleting events. I've tried repeating events, single events, all-day events, events with and without resources scheduled. Every one of those events can be deleted from my calendars with no difficulty at all.

So somehow this must be related to specific data. It's not clear to me whether those reporting the problem are unable to delete any events, or if only certain events cause the problem.

Return to “Calendar”