calendar printing errors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cdurney

calendar printing errors

Post by cdurney »

When I printed the January, February, and March, 2013 calendar pages to a downloaded pdf file, it omitted some entries of a repeated series. These omitted entries were present on the displayed calendar. Some of the repeated entries printed; some didn't. Other repeated entries printed OK. I can't see anything different about the repeated series with errors and the repeated series without errors. Same occurrence with three browsers: Safari, Firefox, Chrome on an imac. Except for these errors, the print function seemed to work normally. Any suggestions about a solution to this problem?
mepike72

Post by mepike72 »

I'm having the same issue. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Sometimes it's fast sunday missing and other times another event is missed.
CraigLFortin

Missing events on printed calendar

Post by CraigLFortin »

Same here.
jaubron

Add'l printing concerns

Post by jaubron »

cdurney wrote:When I printed the January, February, and March, 2013 calendar pages to a downloaded pdf file, it omitted some entries of a repeated series. These omitted entries were present on the displayed calendar. Some of the repeated entries printed; some didn't. Other repeated entries printed OK. I can't see anything different about the repeated series with errors and the repeated series without errors. Same occurrence with three browsers: Safari, Firefox, Chrome on an imac. Except for these errors, the print function seemed to work normally. Any suggestions about a solution to this problem?

I am having some of these same issues. Additionally, if we have more than 1 event scheduled for the same time on the same day, it will only print 1 of them. Has anyone else run into this or found a solution to it?
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I am also seeing the same thing; if events are scheduled for the same time only one event prints even if locations are different. Also, which event prints changes from day to day (one week it prints the cub scout meeting, the next week it prints the young women's meeting both events are same building different rooms same time both are repeating events).
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

This is a known issue. The problem is the number of events. If there are too many events on the calendar, then some of the events get dropped when printing to PDF. The work around is to un-check some of the calendars which will eliminate some of the events that are shown. I've only seen this when I had a test calendars that had 3 events each day and I tried to print a week. How many events do you have on your calendars when you see the problem?
QA Engineer
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

It will only print one activity at one time. I unchecked all calendars but two, it showed only one on the print out. On our ward's activity night we have five ward calendars with items on them and one stake calendar all starting at 7 pm. It will show events as long as start times are different, if the start times are the same it only shows one activity if I have one, two, or all six calendars checked. If start times are different it will print each event with its corresponding start time. If times are the same, but locations are different it will still only print one event. Also, if more than one event is an all day event, it will only print one of the all day events. I haven't determined how it decides which event to print. Some weeks it prints from a cub scout calendar, some weeks from the YW calendar, and some weeks from the Activity Days calendar or one of the stake calendars. Overall our ward has 19 ward calendars, 13 stake calendars and one churchwide calendar. When I print month view it does not show the same events on a day as when I print one of the weeks in week view. The agenda view shows the same events as the month view, but again only prints one event per start time. I haven't printed in the week views and agenda views often. I am a stake web admin and a ward web admin and I usually use an imac computer running 10.7.5 and firefox 16.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

jhowell2000 wrote:I am also seeing the same thing; if events are scheduled for the same time only one event prints even if locations are different. Also, which event prints changes from day to day (one week it prints the cub scout meeting, the next week it prints the young women's meeting both events are same building different rooms same time both are repeating events).

I am seeing the same thing. Please help, calendar is not accurate as it now is
lewisnewton

Post by lewisnewton »

It has been working well, then as of the end of last week it's dropping events from our stake calendar for me too from the .pdf printed output. The behavior is random as to what is dropped. I've tried eliminating some of our busiest calendar layers as an experiment and things are still disappearing. This will be a big problem for us if not fixed.

Is there a way to submit a trouble ticket to the calendar team?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lewisnewton wrote:Is there a way to submit a trouble ticket to the calendar team?
LisaAn who posted a few messages ago is part of the development team, so they're aware of the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”