Adding Wifi Printer

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
mpalm

Adding Wifi Printer

Post by mpalm »

I have added a printer for family history users to use without access to the clerk's office. I can see the printer in cnm and it is using the reserved IP that I set. Unfortunately that printer doesn't reply to pings, so I have tried connecting to the management interface on port 80 from a phone connected to liahona. Nothing happens. (Worked fine on home network). Add Printer on the clerk computer can see the printer at that IP, but can't add it. Is it being blocked in some way?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding Wifi Printer

Post by russellhltn »

If this is for an authorized FamilySearch center, the Family History Department will supply the printer. It would be best to connect it via wired connection if at all possible.

If running it on Liahona, you may need to add it to the NoSplash policy in CNM. Supposedly, that's only needed to allow the printer to talk to the internet. But the filter might be affecting local communication.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mpalm

Re: Adding Wifi Printer

Post by mpalm »

Thanks. You were right. It was requiring the conditions to be accepted to connect to liahona, and of course the printer couldn't do that. Can connect to it now.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”