Search found 79 matches
- Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:53 pm
- Forum: General Clerk Discussions
- Topic: Patriarchal Blessing
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7530
Aside from the fact that the patriarch may want company, unless the blessing was given recently, patriarchs send the official copies of their blessings to CHQ on a regular basis and do not keep copies of them after CHQ verifies that they have received them. Can anyone confirm this? I was told by a ...
- Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:53 pm
- Forum: General Discussions
- Topic: Use outside service bureau for ward mailing?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 3885
That is certainly an idea worth considering if saving postage is the primary consideration. But my twisted clerk's mind says there is much to be said for a central mailing to the whole ward -- not just for delivering the message content, but for the practical purpose of putting all MLS addresses th...
- Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:32 pm
- Forum: Meetinghouse Internet
- Topic: Getting DSL on church paid phone lines?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5251
moroni7 wrote:I will try calling again and hope I get someone else who may have another alternative.
Calling again sounds like a good idea. Many reps don't know what options are available. I had to call Qwest three or four times before I could get dialtoneless DSL.
- Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:53 am
- Forum: Other Websites
- Topic: URGENT URGENT URGENT Country website for French Polynesia hacked!!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7539
I just passed the word along and this is being worked on as I type. Thanks for the great catch!
- Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 am
- Forum: Webcasting
- Topic: Ethernet bridge vs. Internet for video streaming
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2435
A quick look in Windows Media Encoder would seem to indicate that you will need at least 1 Mbps for DVD video (640/480, 30FPS) and at least 5 Mbps for HD (1080/720, 30FPS). So, I guess it depends on how much resolution you want. Also, you might be able to ring a little more quality out of your bandw...
- Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:21 am
- Forum: Main Church Website
- Topic: Mobile: General Conference experience
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4629
Oh, and whatever you do, please, no music via a phone call. The codecs make the result anything but uplifting to me. Great point. I doubt that there is much danger of that happening, however. :) I personally believe that mobile conference is likely to be more popular outside the US, as mobile web b...
- Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:58 am
- Forum: Accessibility to Church Technology Products
- Topic: Video showing how Aaron Cannon, blind web developer, uses the web
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7113
tomw wrote:As of this weekend, audio captcha is now part of the registration process.
Great news! Thanks a lot Tom for getting this up. I realize it was a lot of work, and I appreciate it. I will now start directing folks to this forum.
- Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am
- Forum: General Clerk Discussions
- Topic: scriptures in audio lessons
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1682
I had a visually challenged sister express a concern about the lessons and I said I would look into this problem; When listening to lessons on audio tapes as a visually impaired person, it would be nice if they read the text of the scripture not just quote its source. For example it is not easy to ...
- Fri May 16, 2008 8:11 am
- Forum: Announcements & Policies
- Topic: New web site look and feel
- Replies: 21
- Views: 6547
tomw wrote:I'm working on that tomorrow. I need to run V3.7 through QA process to ensure that it does not mess anything up. It should be soon.
Great news! Thank you!