Search found 37 matches

by charly3358-p40
Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:49 am
Forum: Getting Started for New Clerks
Topic: Who can set apart a Ward Clerk?
Replies: 18
Views: 7911

dannykos wrote:..and politely refer him to the page which contradicts his instructions.

nothing wrong with correcting incorrectness, as long as it's done correctly ;)
If you are brave enough......:rolleyes:
by charly3358-p40
Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:28 pm
Forum: Membership Help
Topic: Child of Record
Replies: 4
Views: 1585

Yeah, happened to us too when the zone leaders get the ward wrong, so they send it to the wrong ward, I get the feeling though that the problem happened when the father was baptized and this child wasn't correctly listed by the mission, so a record wasn't created a for the under 8 year old and so it...
by charly3358-p40
Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm
Forum: Membership Help
Topic: When to Move Child Record to Head of Household
Replies: 48
Views: 12138

Depending on the whim of the ward clerk, if the member left home to go to school and them came back home, some membership records were accepted back into the ward as a head of household others were put back into their parent's houshold. Well, I'd say that the clerk should be inspired enough to do t...
by charly3358-p40
Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:55 pm
Forum: Membership Help
Topic: Name Removal Sample Letter
Replies: 6
Views: 10125

The administrative form the SP handles -and I think from memory CHI has some notes too- has the basic information needed to include in that final letter from the Bishop to that member requesting name removal. I think -again from memory- it needs to state that they will no longer be members of the ch...
by charly3358-p40
Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:26 pm
Forum: Membership Help
Topic: Divorced, remaried couple, child recently blessed
Replies: 3
Views: 1535

Yes, I agree with the 2 entries above and CHI explains all this well. The children are BIC, but in the covenant of their mother with her first husband until such time as she gets it canceled. Note that once it is canceled any children born to her after that then wont be BIC unless a new sealing has ...
by charly3358-p40
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 am
Forum: Membership Help
Topic: Non-member record for someone who IS a member
Replies: 7
Views: 2525

You CAN add the baptism and confirmation (with verified information) years later into MLS; however, you have to realize and be careful that the information documentation may have been superseded by an excommunication or requested name removal. Then re-baptism after proper clearances is the only sol...
by charly3358-p40
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:01 am
Forum: Membership Help
Topic: Protected Records
Replies: 6
Views: 2391

What does "protected records" refer to? I think it's cases were the persons address or contact details can't be made public. We had one sister that was a 'protected records' and disappeared as in your situation and we understood that it was because her ex was after her, which he was and t...
by charly3358-p40
Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm
Forum: General Clerk Discussions
Topic: Church Handbook of Instruction
Replies: 14
Views: 9959

Thanks for the responses. Now comes the uncomfortable conversation with the Bishop telling him I need the book he doesn't (for some reason) think I should have.... They seem to have mixed up the distribution of book 2 to the auxiliaries (via photocopies of sections) with the distribution of Book 1,...
by charly3358-p40
Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 am
Forum: FamilySearch Family Tree Application
Topic: What Temple Do Submissions for nFS Go To?
Replies: 9
Views: 4131

the submission doesn't go to any particular temple. Then you print an FOR and take it to whatever temple you want. That temple issues the cards, and then as you noted, you can take the cards to any temple. Yes, that's what we were told. where do temple submission go? All submissions go to SLCT (or ...
by charly3358-p40
Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:47 am
Forum: MLS Support, Help, and Feedback
Topic: How is Sealed to Former Spouse corrected?
Replies: 2
Views: 1092

I can't find any way to do this using MLS to actually make the correction. For unusual situations such as this, often the only way to correct the problem is to send a Special request through MLS. Make sure you explain the situation as clearly as possible, including the specific corrections that nee...

Go to advanced search