Lost Everything on Sync

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
TheOnlyWRT

Lost Everything on Sync

Post by TheOnlyWRT »

Hello!

I noticed that my account was signed in under my old church account username (i updated the username about 2 years ago). I logged out and resigned in, and then noticed that I lost thousands of markings and notes that were somehow under the other username. Is there any way to recover those and sync them with my updated account username?

Thank you!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Lost Everything on Sync

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on iOS or Android?

Did you just change your username (and/or password) on your account, or did you create a brand new account?

If you're on iOS, it's possible your annotations are still on your device, just stored locally under your old username. I don't know for sure if this will work, but it's worth a try:
1. Change your username back to what it was two years ago, at Settings.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
2. On your device, sign out of Gospel Library.
3. Sign into Gospel Library again using your old username. (If we're lucky, at this point your annotations will appear again.)
4. Let your annotations sync.
5. After verifying that everything's synced, sign out of Gospel Library.
6. At Settings.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, change your username to what you'd like it to be.
7. Sign in to Gospel Library again. (Everything should sync back down.)

This will not work if you've deleted and reinstalled Gospel Library in the meantime (that would clear any locally-saved annotations that aren't synced).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”