Search results are always jumbled

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
naylor.mike

Search results are always jumbled

Post by naylor.mike »

Huge fan of the app. However, the search function isn't super useful, because of the way the results are formatted. They are all over the place, as in, I might see a result from the book of Mormon, followed by one from conference, followed by the D&C, then back to the book of Mormon. If I search only in the book of Mormon, I get results not all all grouped by book, or in Chrono order.

It would be helpful to have the search results organized by book and chronology.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Search results are always jumbled

Post by sbradshaw »

If you go to the Scriptures or General Conference tab in your full search results, you can filter/sort the results in those sections by book or by relevance. The idea of the "All" tab in search results is that you don't know where what you're looking for is, so the search tries to pull the most relevant results from all books to the top of the search results – similar to Google (though admittedly not as intelligent). If you already know what book you're looking in, you can do a search in context of that book, or go to one of the other tabs in search results to filter the results.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”