Gospel library requires internet access

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw

Re: Gospel library requires internet access

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:38 am

JeremieLeeBurhans wrote:Ok so as of 7/26/2019 I've been having the same problem when trying to download an older or even newer General Conference. It pops up saying something like this action requires an internet connection. I'm on my cell phone with unlimited data, no connection problem since I was doing other updates for other apps at the same time. I even connected to my home wifi (100mbps) and it still doesn't recognize that it is connected to the internet. So I uninstalled it like I've had to in the past, now it pops up saying it requires an internet connection to initialize, so I click ok and it closes. Now it won't even open up at all. What is causing this problem with the gospel library? I've attached a picture of my phone with it saying it needs an internet connection to start up.

If you're connected to internet, usually this means that there's something blocking the content servers. Do you have any web filters, content blockers, or VPNs enabled?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

GeorgeWilliam

Postby GeorgeWilliam » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm

I am having similar issues with GL on my android phone. A few weeks ago it suddenly said no internet connection when I had noticed that it had been over a week since the last sync. I verified my wifi was working properly and that it worked on other apps on my phone. I also checked at church without any success. The last few days it gives me the message about internet connection and will not even open at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even rebooting the phone after an uninstall then reinstalling. I even tried LDS Tools just now and it is syncing fine. The app version is 5.2.3. What can I do to fix this?

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:10 am

GeorgeWilliam wrote:I am having similar issues with GL on my android phone. A few weeks ago it suddenly said no internet connection when I had noticed that it had been over a week since the last sync. I verified my wifi was working properly and that it worked on other apps on my phone. I also checked at church without any success. The last few days it gives me the message about internet connection and will not even open at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even rebooting the phone after an uninstall then reinstalling. I even tried LDS Tools just now and it is syncing fine. The app version is 5.2.3. What can I do to fix this?

Do you have any web filters, content blockers, or VPNs enabled?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”