Bring back the gold Moroni

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
tlclark

Bring back the gold Moroni

Post by tlclark »

Look, I know it seems a trivial thing, but among my family and friends in the church there is near universal hatred for the new update for one big reason. The white Moroni. It's AWFUL. Look, I know that skeuomorphism is dead as a UI principle and everything is moving to simpler, more graphic icons with all unnecessary elements removed, but making the Moroni logo white is a just a step too far. This flies in the face of all context, tradition and good taste. The Moroni statues are gold and always have been. I have to believe that this is a choice made by some graphic designer that has spent too much time in graphic design and has lost all common sense.

Bring back the gold Moroni logo. PLEASE.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Bring back the gold Moroni

Post by jdlessley »

Send your suggestion through the in-app feedback. This is found by going to Settings (three vertical dots at the top right of the home screen) and scrolling down the page to the Additional Info section and clicking Send Feedback.

We can discuss the merits of your suggestion but that is it. The forum is not an official feedback channel for the app.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The Sacred Music logo has also gone from gold to white. I'm not involved with the design teams any more, but the change in both applications leads me to believe it is part of some much larger changes to ensure that the Church has a consistent, protectable brand.

You can send feedback to the development team using the in-app feedback. If you do so, you may want to find a more gentle way to make your point than "awful," "flies in the face of good taste," and "near universal hatred."
1gojks

Post by 1gojks »

Well, the truth is, the white angel Moroni is awful, you may not like what we say, but that is how we see it! Please bring back the GOLD Moroni. We hate the white one!
maypopi

Post by maypopi »

Thank you for your comments!! I also made a suggestion in the app.

I too feel a slight hatred for the dairy cow theme too and don't want it on my home screen. BUT I did use a gentle "please and thank you" in my suggestion. lol
forbushd

Post by forbushd »

Please bring back the gold angel Moroni logo or revise the current design. Every person in my circle I have spoken concerning this new logo with has expressed negative or mixed feelings about the color change. The solid white logo conveys a flat, unfinished and unprofessional feeling that undos some of the otherwise pleasing, valuable improvements in previous revisions of the logo over the years. Unless the intention for this change is for the immediate use of iPads in the temple with the scriptures on them for patron or worked reading, I do not see the use case for implementing this logo in its current form. Perhaps, though, if the intention was to convey the whiteness and purity of the temple, you could implement a blending of various white and off-white gray shades within the outline. The old logo conveyed a similar dimension through the banding of various gold shades encapsulated within the outline that lent a charm and a definition to the overall design that would again prove useful here.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

After a discussion among moderators/administrators, this topic is being locked, because it was attracting adverse attention. For anyone else who wishes to suggest a change in the app, please refer to the advice in the third post in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=102&p=195475#p195340

Return to “Android Gospel Library”