Study plan notifications don't fire

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rustd

Re: Study plan notifications don't fire

Postby rustd » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm trying to isolate this issue and get a fix pushed out. The behavior is sporadic across OEM's and OS's, so it's difficult to engineer a solution. I use and do all development (including when I wrote the Study Plan reminder notification code) on a Pixel 3 XL and now a Pixel 4 XL running Android P/10; if you havn't already mentioned your device and OS, please do so. Also if you know of others who are running into the same issue, please reply back with their information! I appreciate your information and help on this!
Daniel
Gospel Library Android Team

danpass

Postby danpass » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:42 pm

rustd wrote:I'm trying to isolate this issue and get a fix pushed out. The behavior is sporadic across OEM's and OS's, so it's difficult to engineer a solution. I use and do all development (including when I wrote the Study Plan reminder notification code) on a Pixel 3 XL and now a Pixel 4 XL running Android P/10; if you havn't already mentioned your device and OS, please do so. Also if you know of others who are running into the same issue, please reply back with their information! I appreciate your information and help on this!
Daniel
Gospel Library Android Team

I posted device and OS earlier. Would sending feedback from the app provide you with any additional details?

jubby2000

Postby jubby2000 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:43 pm

I've been updating religiously (get it?) and I only get notifications about once a week.

danpass

Postby danpass » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm

With the current release, 5.4.0 (54508.52), study plan notifications are again working reliably for me. This is with Android 9.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”