Record your Impressions

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
tootiki

Record your Impressions

Post by tootiki »

Using Come Follow Me in the Gospel Library app on an Android phone, I'd like to be able to Record my Impressions. When I press the icon, the screen changes once or twice, as if to load something. But then it either just returns to the previous screen, or dumps me out of the app.

Do I need to have something else installed? Does it just not work?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Record your Impressions

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on the June 8–14 lesson in the "Individuals and Families" Book of Mormon 2020 manual?

What Gospel Library version, Android version, and catalog version are you on (you can see all of these under Settings > App Details)?

Does the app let you create a note in other places – for example, if you long-press to select some text, then tap Note – or, if you go to Notes > Notebooks, create a notebook, then tap + to create a new note? If you already have notes in other places are you able to open them to read them or to edit them?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tootiki

Post by tootiki »

The problem is not specific to any particular lesson.

Gospel Library 5.4.0
Android 7.0
English catalogue 827

Yea to all the Note questions.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The latest app version is 5.8.0, and the latest content version for English is 915.

One of the items in the release notes for Gospel Library 5.4.2, released a couple of weeks after the version you have, is "Fixed crash when tapping the inline note button in a Come, Follow Me chapter." Every update has crash and bug fixes, so the latest version is usually the most reliable. Do you have any updates listed in the Google Play Store? I'd recommend updating to the latest version of Gospel Library, 5.8.0.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sbradshaw wrote:The latest app version is 5.8.0, and the latest content version for English is 915.
The play store shows version 5.7.2 as the latest version available for Android 9. Is 5.8.0 a beta or for later Android 10 versions?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Oops, sorry, you're right – 5.7.2 is the latest. :) Gospel Library 5.8.0 for Android is in beta, and is expected to release this week.
tootiki

Post by tootiki »

Updating the app has fixed the problem. Thank you for the assistance. Much appreciated.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”