Gospel Library App won't start due to no internet connection

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jimdadriver

Gospel Library App won't start due to no internet connection

Post by jimdadriver »

I have a Samsung Galaxy SM-T116 tablet with a 4.4.4 Android. I used Google Play to download the Gospel Library App, but it will not start, because it wants me to connect to the internet via wifi. However, wifi is up and running. What do I do?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library App won't start due to no internet connection

Post by jdlessley »

The message about needing WiFi is because your device is not connecting to content servers. Make sure you have Internet access by using a browser to see if it downloads content from a web page. Having WiFi, or connection to your local network, is not the same as connecting to the WAN, or the Internet.

Another issue, and probably the case with your device, is lack of support for GL on Android 4.4.4. The current version of Gospel Library is 5.11.3 and may not be supported on Android 4.4.4. Some devices running Android 4.4 do not run TLS 1.2. This is a security protocol required to run GL 5.5 and later. Without TLS 1.2 your device will not be allowed to connect to the content servers. See if your device can be upgraded to Android 5.0 or later. Android 5.0 and later run TLS 1.2.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”