Syncing Gospel Library across multiple devices...

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Syncing Gospel Library across multiple devices...

Post by jdlessley »

davidwhipple50 wrote:Yes... it would be nice to have someone from the church respond concerning this problem.
The Tech Forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. There is little change anyone with responsibility for, or have authority to speak for, the app will ever see this thread. The official method to give feedback is to use the in-app feedback.
davidwhipple50 wrote:It seems reasonable to have a "Sync" button to force a sync.
You can force a sync by signing out of the app and then sign back in. The issue with that method is the loss of data that has not been synced with the website.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wynnlady

Post by wynnlady »

I have my scriptures on an IPhone, IPAD, and Kindle. I am trying to since my kindle with the others. My verification says my name or password is wrong. So I changed my password on all my accounts and it still will not let me in.. I can sign into my gospel account on the Church website on my kindle, but when I try to sync my scriptures, I receive the error message. Help!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davidwhipple50 wrote:Yes... it would be nice to have someone from the church respond concerning this problem. It seems reasonable to have a "Sync" button to force a sync.
iOS Gospel Library now has a way to force a sync – if you go to the main library screen, you can pull downward, which will show a spinner, then check for content updates and do an annotation sync. Pulling to refresh in Notes > All also does an annotation sync.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mcdonaldlaureljean1

Post by mcdonaldlaureljean1 »

I just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A42 5G cell phone and when I opened my scriptures, all of the notations that I have made over the years are gone. Is there anyway that I can sync my phone to the Gospel Library app and retrieve it back, and if so, please walk me through the steps. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mcdonaldlaureljean1 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:12 am I just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A42 5G cell phone and when I opened my scriptures, all of the notations that I have made over the years are gone. Is there anyway that I can sync my phone to the Gospel Library app and retrieve it back, and if so, please walk me through the steps. Thank you.
Make sure your devices are all logged into the same church account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
abair135

Post by abair135 »

The Gospel Library app on my Samsung Galaxy phone has quit syncing with my laptop and android tablet. All devices are logged into the same church account.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

abair135 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:39 am The Gospel Library app on my Samsung Galaxy phone has quit syncing with my laptop and android tablet. All devices are logged into the same church account.
It sounds like the issue is on your Samsung phone, since it's the odd one out of the three devices.

Do you have notes or annotations on your Samsung phone that aren't on your other devices, or is it the other way around? Where do you do most of your studying?

You could try signing out on your Samsung phone, then signing back in. However, any annotations that are only on your Samsung phone – that have not synced to your tablet and laptop – would be deleted.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jandcgreen

Post by jandcgreen »

I logged in on my new phone, and it synced to where it was several months ago. I logged into it on the computer, since the old phone had already been factory reset, hoping it would pull back up my current notations. Unfortunately, it synced on the new phone, so the computer pulled up the old data,too.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”