Can't open Gospel Library app

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Tani

Can't open Gospel Library app

Post by Tani »

I just got a new iphone XR and it won't open the Gospel Library app. HELP! I have downloaded it from the app store and from purchases. (I have also deleted it and reinstalled it a few times too.) It seems like it begins to load with the Moroni icon but no status bar. After a few seconds, it closes without opening. Any fixes???
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't open Gospel Library app

Post by sbradshaw »

Tani wrote:I just got a new iphone XR and it won't open the Gospel Library app. HELP! I have downloaded it from the app store and from purchases. (I have also deleted it and reinstalled it a few times too.) It seems like it begins to load with the Moroni icon but no status bar. After a few seconds, it closes without opening. Any fixes???
Are you connected to an internet connection with content filtering / ad blocking turned on? Some filtering systems block the Church's content servers.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jdolmstead

Post by jdolmstead »

I’m experiencing same issue. New iPad Mini 4.
sherilynH

Post by sherilynH »

I have a new IPhone XR and can not open the app. I have tried deleting an installing and it is still the same. The App Store shows Moroni icon as white.
jdolmstead

Post by jdolmstead »

Try installing and launching on a different network.
sharonkropf

Post by sharonkropf »

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Just started today. Always worked fine before.
MorrisNC

Post by MorrisNC »

Ditto. Iphone XR IOS 12.2 Won't load up.
reidthered

Post by reidthered »

My IPad Started to do the same thing yesterday... however... it has fixed itself after I did the following things. (Started with an App update.. that never finished updating..). 1). I deleted and removed the app from my iPad. 2). I re-download the app. 3). Three times I attempted to open the app... it froze on the angel Moroni temple-statue pic/intro each time... and closed. 4) While searching for this tech feedback page, I clicked on the App again... and it finally worked. I have no clue why it didn’t the first three time when it closed automatically. (Good luck everyone!) :D
copekari

Post by copekari »

My new XR would not open either. Moroni would come up, then it would just close. I was connected to the church WiFi and when I disconnected the WiFi and opened it using my data it opened. I then turned the WiFi back on and it worked and has continue to open. Good luck!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

smithkathleen2 wrote:If I delete the App and download again what will happen to all my notes, etc,?
If you have been signed in to the app, your notes should have been saved on the Church servers and will return when you reinstall the app and sign in again.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”