Gospel Library crashing after version 5.4

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
thebladerunner

Gospel Library crashing after version 5.4

Post by thebladerunner »

The installation of version 5.4 during the middle of February 2020 has caused my Gospel Library app to stop functioning. To be clear, the app appears to start then the gui crashes and the app is non-responsive. It does appear to still be running in the background however or be present in the open apps (assuming it is not running / locked up).

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting my IOS device, reinstalling, and moving the app to a different folder. None of these have worked since this problem started on 18 February.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to resolve this?
dkirkham

Re: Gospel Library crashing after version 5.4

Post by dkirkham »

SImilarly, app tries to open, but then closes after 3 seconds. App shows as open in list of "open apps". Using Iphone 6. Ios 12.4.5 is current.
haare

Post by haare »

Hey guys I'm having the same problem. The app just does not want to open. I've got an Iphone8 and I've contacted Apple but they say there's nothing wrong with the phone. I think it happened after my phone was updated which about a 2 weeks ago. Can anyone give some assistance or advice.

Haare
matthews61

Post by matthews61 »

I have not been able to open the Gospel Library App on my iPhone 11 MaxPro since Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
I have deleted the app and re-installed it, turned the phone on and off. I have tried these things multiple times.
When I click on the icon, the front page appears and then disappears quickly.
I have an iPhone 11 Max Pro that is up-to-date with IOS version 13.3.1.
It works for everyone I know. I don't know what else to try.
Any suggestions?
hansstussi

Post by hansstussi »

I have the same problem with my ipad air2 iso 13.3.1started also on the 19th of February
Any help ? I had the geek squad check and try without any success
StarkeyPD

Post by StarkeyPD »

iOS 13.3.3. iPhone 7. Used the app for years just fine. The other day tried to use the app the start up screen came up for maybe 2 seconds and then went away.

Shut down the phone and restart-same results

Deleted app reinstalled same result

Only 49gb of 128gb used on the phone so memory shouldn’t be an issue
michellelemieux

Post by michellelemieux »

Mine is doing the same thing exactly! I’ve reinstalled it 2-3 times now and turned my phone off and on. Keeps crashing! I’m so sad :(
HELP! What’s happening?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.4.1 for iOS is in beta and should (hopefully) fix the crashing issue. To install the beta, join the Tech project Gospel Library for iOS – Public Beta, then you'll get an email from TestFlight with instructions for installing the app. If you install the beta, let us know if it works!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”