"App is no longer shared with you" error

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

"App is no longer shared with you" error

Post by sbradshaw »

Some users have reported that iOS Gospel Library is failing to launch, and is showing a popup that says "This app is no longer shared with you. To use it, you must buy it from the App Store." This is a recent issue affecting several iOS apps (not just Church apps), and there's nothing that can be fixed by Church developers – it will need to be fixed by Apple.

In the meantime, a workaround is to temporarily offload then reinstall the app. Instructions can be found in this article:
https://www.macrumors.com/2020/05/22/io ... er-shared/

Note that offloading is not the same as uninstalling. Offloading is advertised to leave all of your app data in place; whereas uninstalling clears your app data. In my testing, I lost my display settings (list mode, theme) after offloading the app, but my screens, study plans, custom collections, sign-in state (including synced annotations), downloaded books, and downloaded media were preserved, so depending on how long Apple takes to fix the issue, this may be an effective workaround for some. I would not recommend entirely uninstalling and reinstalling the app unless you're sure you don't have any important unsynced data (screens, study plans, custom collections, and downloaded content don't sync).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ClemHarvey

Re: "App is no longer shared with you" error

Post by ClemHarvey »

It's clearly a new iOS/App Store bug with the recent iOS 13.5 release. Some common apps that may run into exactly the same issue in iOS 13.5 are YouTube, Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, TikTok, LastPass, and more. As OP mentioned, what finally solved my problem was to Open Settings > General > iPhone Storage > scrolling down to the app "XXX" and selecting > "Offload App" and then reinstalling it from App Store.

Thanks a lot :)

Clem
rjtolman

Re: "App is no longer shared with you" error

Post by rjtolman »

Apple has already issued an update. Just install the update and you are good to go.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”