Search function not working on iPad pro

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
coryjoannaellis

Search function not working on iPad pro

Post by coryjoannaellis »

I recently started using an iPad Pro for my gospel library app. I’ve found that the search function is not working at all. It will just spin and spin, but never give any results. I have the same version of the app on my phone and it works just fine. Any suggestions why it isn’t letting me search?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Search function not working on iPad pro

Post by sbradshaw »

If you haven't opened the app in a while, it may be downloading content updates. Search waits for content updates to install and be indexed before returning results. Are you on the latest version of Gospel Library (currently 5.9.1)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bswanson

Post by bswanson »

I use the library app daily, and search hasn’t worked for me in months. Like you said - just spins and spins and never returned results. I have to go use google to find what I want and then load it up in the library app. (Using an iPhone XR)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bswanson wrote:I use the library app daily, and search hasn’t worked for me in months. Like you said - just spins and spins and never returned results. I have to go use google to find what I want and then load it up in the library app. (Using an iPhone XR)
Do you have a lot of content downloaded in the app? You could try deleting then reinstalling all English content. That should force search to rebuild its indexes.
abujnowski

Post by abujnowski »

I am having the exact same issue. It’s happening on both my iPad and my iPhone. It started about 3 versions ago. I basically have no search functionality now as it just sits and spins.
krfarnsworth

Post by krfarnsworth »

I haven’t been able to do a search in the gospel library’ app for months (iPhone). It shows that there are no matches. I’d love a solution for this!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

krfarnsworth wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:58 pm I haven’t been able to do a search in the gospel library’ app for months (iPhone). It shows that there are no matches. I’d love a solution for this!
Note that search currently only searches content that's downloaded.
Have you tried doing a "Recreate Search Index" in Gospel Library Settings?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”