Lost all Japanese scriptures, general conference, etc.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
bljedwards

Lost all Japanese scriptures, general conference, etc.

Postby bljedwards » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm

I went into the Gospel Library app today and wanted to start over again in the Japanese Book of Mormon. I went to my last page, Moroni 10, clicked on the title, and the header didn't expand so I couldn't navigate back to the start of the Book of Mormon. I could click the left arrow and back up a chapter at a time but couldn't do anything else.

I then went back into English and navigated to the library, then settings, and changed my language to Japanese. After doing that, I found it didn't show anything but Handbook 1, notes, and one other item. I looked at my "downloads" and it says I have over 100 MB of Japanese titles loaded but when I click on it, it says I have no downloads. I I then tried a bookmark that was set to Moroni 10 (the place I had been a few minutes earlier.) When I clicked it, it told me the item wasn't downloaded and told me it would download it. Fast forward a few hours, the spinner is still spinning and there are no Japanese scriptures or anything else.

I also seem to have lost my Chinese and Spanish scriptures. I changed my language to each of those scriptures and was able to download them without any problems but I don't know why it lost them in the first place.

I am still unable to access anything in Japanese except for Handbook 1, which isn't really any help. It could be a corruption issue on my phone but since I was able to reload the other languages with no problems, I'm wondering if someone messed something up on the servers.

I have submitted all of this with screen shots through the support link in the app but, in my limited experience, I seldom hear back and for language issues I have reported in the past, it often took weeks to get an answer. One drug on for a few months.

Can anyone here shed any light on this or what I can do to download the Japanese scriptures and conference talks?

Thank you in advance!

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Lost all Japanese scriptures, general conference, etc.

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:18 pm

I've heard of this happening every once in a while, but I don't know what causes it. A potential fix is to switch to a language other than Japanese, then go to Settings > Language and remove Japanese (by swiping it out of the list of "downloaded" languages). Then, tap Japanese to reinstall the Japanese catalog.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”