Crashing on Lessons and Magazines

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
jasonminer

Crashing on Lessons and Magazines

Post by jasonminer »

Every time I tap on Lessons or Magazines the gospel library app closes. Using Lumia Icon with 8.1. Gospel library is version 2.15.8.30.
bradbodily

Re: Crashing on Lessons and Magazines

Post by bradbodily »

I'm seeing this too, though sometimes it won't crash and I get an empty set of content. Additionally, my Sunday School group is gone; I'm assuming there was some change in how some content is organized, a I'm left without access to my lesson. However, searching for "Sunday School" brought up the lesson manual in John of the New Testament. Something seems off.

(This is happening on the mobile and 'desktop' versions.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The content team made several drastic changes to how content is delivered to the application, meaning that, especially, the Magazine and Lessons sections of the app will cause the application to crash. We are aware of this issue and have pushed updates to all versions of the app in the Windows and Windows Phone Stores. You should be able to download the new version of the application that provides a fix for the crashing of these sections within the next couple of hours.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
bradbodily

Post by bradbodily »

Excellent, both the desktop and mobile versions (and the release and beta version on both platforms) have updated and seem to be working great!
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

We pushed out a hot fix release for all versions Beta and non-beta for tablet and phone which addresses the changes in the catalog which broke the app. For now, there are only placeholder coverart pics for Lessons and Magazines, but everything should be working. A side benefit of this change is you can now access the Joseph Smith Papers under the Video category. Thanks for everyone reporting this issue and being patient as we pushed out a fix.

Tony Spencer
Gospel Library Volunteer
jasonminer

Post by jasonminer »

I got the update and the issue is resolved. Thanks!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Glad to hear it.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”