PVC Error

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

harddrive

PVC Error

Post by harddrive »

Today, I have two users who are getting the following error:

Failed to register installation license with server. No licenses are currently available.

I assume that all the licenses are used up and some need to be released. I have a conference coming up tonight at 18:30 eastern and have people who will be dialing in.

So it would be great to get it solved tonight.

thanks
rgme

Post by rgme »

I'm having the same issue as I'm trying to walk a SP member through PVC set-up. Please advise when it is fixed.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

For your immediate need, you can have one already-registered user share their room link (control room > room links) with the other participants who can then simply login as guests. That way the other participants can join the room without needing to register.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

lionelwalters wrote:For your immediate need, you can have one already-registered user share their room link (control room > room links) with the other participants who can then simply login as guests. That way the other participants can join the room without needing to register.

It's not an issue with getting into the room. It is an issue with loading the software on the workstation.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

All - our sincere apologies for this problem. The PVC portal ran out of software download licenses. It wasn't that we were out; it's just how they were allocated to the various tenants that we have. We were aware of the issue last Friday, and had changed the count, but didn't realize that the change didn't take effect without a portal reboot. Sunday morning, we became aware that we were completely out. Our engineer was waiting for a window in which there were no active meetings to reboot the portal, and that scenario didn't happen until late Sunday night. The situation is now fixed.

It was my call to not reboot the portal with active meetings in progress - I figured that was the more negatively impactful choice. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience caused. You should be good to go now.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”