Non-member spouses showing in list of members without callings

garystroble

Non-member spouses showing in list of members without callings

Post by garystroble »

For over two years now, non-members spouses have been showing on the app in the list of members without callings. To make it even more confusing, if the non-member spouse is a woman, she shows with her maiden name. Two years ago feedback was that it was a known issue. Heads up, and hopefully something will resolve on this eventually.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Non-member spouses showing in list of members without callings

Post by scgallafent »

I just tested and I'm not seeing what you're describing. If you can reproduce it, your best option would be to send in-app feedback with a description of how to reproduce the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to be clear, are you running in a mobile app, or is it in LCR or MLS?

Any possibility this is a custom report?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Mobile app, iphone SE, iOS 14.6, standard report, unable to send feedback from iPhone as my email client is not a default for the iPhone system. I will report it to membertools@churchofjesuschrist.org
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

For what it's worth, I tried it earlier today (Member Tools mobile app (current beta version), Android 9) and did not see the problem for our members where I know a non-member spouse is listed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:where I know a non-member spouse is listed.
Out of curiosity, is that member exposed or suppressed in the directory listing? I'm wondering if that plays a role here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

The members in question with non-member spouses are not suppressed here.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

For our ward, some are marked private so only leaders can see them. Others are not. In either case, I don't see any nonmember spouses on my "members without callings list" on the Android Member Tools app. I wonder if there is something in the iOS version that doesn't affect the Android version...
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

That would be my guess about IOS. Headquarters asked me for some iPhone screen shots of the problem this morning so hopefully they will get it fixed eventually.

I am aware of how to suppress members who only want leaders to see their information by the way, or the members can do that themselves.

The really fun part about some of this is that for years we as clerks were warned not to show non-member spouses on print-outs, and then the software began showing them on maps.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote:I am aware of how to suppress members who only want leaders to see their information by the way, or the members can do that themselves.
There's also a switch to show or hide non-member spouses on the ward directory. (Some don't want to appear because they're not a member, but the spouse might want them to appear, otherwise they appear single.)

That switch is not accessible to the clerk, they have to call support.

Return to “Mobile Applications”