How to approve a calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mjoner

How to approve a calendar

Post by mjoner »

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I can't figure this one out. I received an e-mail telling me a calendar has been created and is awaiting my approval. But I can't seem to find the screen on which I can look at the calendar.

Further, I suspect I will want to take the entries on this proposed calendar and merge them with another calendar I have. Will that be possible?

Thanks,

Michael Joner
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can find it by going to Settings > calendar.

If there's a way to see the events prior to approving it, I haven't found the right button.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mjoner

Post by mjoner »

The e-mail received tells me that a calendar named "RS Activities" is waiting approval. When I go to Settings > Calendar there is no calendar with that name there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can only guess that something happened since that email was sent. Perhaps someone else approved/denied/deleted it. Or perhaps the requester changed something. I'm not clear on how much control they have once they submit it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mjoner wrote:The e-mail received tells me that a calendar named "RS Activities" is waiting approval. When I go to Settings > Calendar there is no calendar with that name there.
Just in case another calendar administrator deleted it, you might want to click on the "Deleted Calendars" button to see if the calendar is listed there.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mjoner

Post by mjoner »

(Original post: It is not listed in the Deleted Calendars area. Does this mean the member somehow deleted it before I could approve it?)

Edit: So what appears to have happened is that the member created a calendar for her auxiliary and began populating it, then realized that a calendar already existed for her auxiliary. So I imagine the member deleted it herself. Would be nice to be notified that the calendar no longer needs approval so I don't go chasing ghosts in the future... but now that I know this is how it works, it's not that big of a problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think ALL the default admins got the same email. They could have done something befor you got there.

I'm not sure what options are available tot he sumbitter prior to someone taking action on the pending approval.

ldsrussp

Post by ldsrussp »

I have the same issue. Calendar is not in the deleted items nor on the approval list. Not a huge deal as I'll just confer with them and set up the calendar manually but it does seem like a bug.
junyur

Post by junyur »

RussellHltn wrote:I think ALL the default admins got the same email. They could have done something befor you got there.

I'm not sure what options are available tot he sumbitter prior to someone taking action on the pending approval.

Has anyone been able to determine if ALL the default administrators get the email to approve the calendar, or if it is just the website administrator (ward or stake level) that get the email?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

junyur wrote:Has anyone been able to determine if ALL the default administrators get the email to approve the calendar, or if it is just the website administrator (ward or stake level) that get the email?
All administrators (default or not) receive the email for approving proposed calendars.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”