Calendar Enhancement

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
CLChristensen

Calendar Enhancement

Post by CLChristensen »

Our Ward would like to include a calender in our weekly bulletin. We can printout the calender but are limited to full months only. Is there a way to print a rolling calender? For example a calender that is 4 to 5 weeks long starting at any Sunday, and crossing month boundaries. If this feature doesn't exist, can it be added to the program. I would think that many other users could use this feature. We have exported calenders to other calenders that support rolling calenders (Google for example) but we lose formatting and characters are dropped.

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

CLChristensen wrote:Our Ward would like to include a calender in our weekly bulletin. We can printout the calender but are limited to full months only. Is there a way to print a rolling calender?
Not currently from the calendar program itself.

CLChristensen wrote:We have exported calenders to other calenders that support rolling calenders (Google for example) but we lose formatting and characters are dropped.
Exporting the calendar into other programs through the iCal, Outlook, or Google Calendar exports is all that is available for now.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
peeryfamily

Post by peeryfamily »

Yes - you can export the calendar to Apple, Google or Outlook BUT you can't change anything!!!
You guys need to have a method to export either a monthly or weekly version of the calendar to something like "Word" or some other editor that a ward newsletter person can edit!!!!!! It is ridiculous to have a set calendar that cannot be edited. I get requests for this all the time - it should be at the top of your list of things to do...
James Peery - Stake Website Administrator for the Bennion Utah Stake
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

peeryfamily wrote:Yes - you can export the calendar to Apple, Google or Outlook BUT you can't change anything
The question the first comes to mind, why do you need to change things?

However, the answer to that might be irrelevant because I figured out how to export the church calendar to outlook and change things. Here's how (I have Windows 7 with Outlook 2010)...

1) Get the sync URL and open the calendar in Outlook
2) Right click on the calendar and select "Copy Calendar"
3) Copy the calendar to a sub-folder off of your inbox
4) Wait about 20 seconds while all the events are copied to the sub-folder. A new calendar should appear in your calendars view from within outlook. It is under "My Calendars"
5) You can now edit ANY of the events and print out that calendar
6) You may want to look into the calendar printing assistant if you want specialty printing options.

Thanks~!
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

What exactly do you need to edit? I've never had such a request. But if someone doesn't want to include events from a particular calendar, they can just deselect that calendar before printing or creating a PDF.

Return to “Calendar”