Unable to Delete Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jordanchristensen

Post by jordanchristensen »

Same problem here. In fact, I can't make entire calendars inactive or delete them. Not sure if it's related, but I'd bet it is...
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

It seems we have a problem connecting to the database for certain types of operations. We are not sure why the problem is limited to actions like deleting events or updating calendars, or why it seems to be limited to certain users. Developers are looking into the problem and trying to find a solution. We'll update this thread when we know more.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

We have found the cause of this problem, which is the same as the cause of the problems in these two threads:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... al-Problem
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... e-Calendar

The problem is being caused in the network and is only affecting certain types of http requests. The network team is working on getting it fixed asap.

We will update this thread when the solution is in place.
peeryfamily

Post by peeryfamily »

I tried to delete the same event I was working on Sunday (which never deleted) on Monday night - still will not delete.
Has anyone heard if they are looking at this or not?
I'll try the feedback and see if that works...

Thanks - Jim Peery
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

peeryfamily wrote:Has anyone heard if they are looking at this or not?

The post right before yours gives the answer: yes, they are working on this, and they will post to this thread when it is fixed.
peeryfamily wrote:I'll try the feedback and see if that works...

You're welcome to do so, but it would be a waste of time. It takes days, weeks, sometimes months for a report to get through the feedback system. Since the developers are on top of this issue and have promised to post to this thread when it is resolved, no other communication will be faster or more effective for this particular issue.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
peeryfamily

Sorry about that

Post by peeryfamily »

Your right - the entry above it does state that they are working on it.

I'll try to be more patient...

Thanks - JP
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I checked the Reservations calendar again, and it looks as if the building scheduler was able to delete the reservations she could not delete yesterday.
Dana
nchell

Post by nchell »

Today in Europe I am unable to copy and paste events, and I also am unable to delete events via the various methods. I see hanging when trying to modify existing recurring events too -- just stuck at the spinner, or a blank rectangle. I am able to create new events without difficulty. (Unit:66818)

I'm attempting with both IE9 & Chrome on two different PCs. Performance for some transactions appears to be poor at the moment, making the Calendar pretty painful to use: After an event is created there is 20+ second wait to return to the Calendar. However, moving between months can be almost instantaneous.

HTH...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

nchell wrote:Today in Europe I am unable to copy and paste events, and I also am unable to delete events via the various methods. I see hanging when trying to modify existing recurring events too -- just stuck at the spinner, or a blank rectangle. I am able to create new events without difficulty. (Unit:66818)

I'm attempting with both IE9 & Chrome on two different PCs. Performance for some transactions appears to be poor at the moment, making the Calendar pretty painful to use: After an event is created there is 20+ second wait to return to the Calendar. However, moving between months can be almost instantaneous.

HTH...

I'm also having a problem in not being able to approve a new Calendar. Just getting the eternal spinn......
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

We've been able to make the necessary changes to fix this problem. If you have posted an issue here would you mind retesting and letting me know if you still see a problem?

Return to “Calendar”