Page 1 of 1

"Where/Location" Error

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 am
by sjpynes
When we click on a particular calendar item a popup appears that gives more information about the event. The information includes a "Where:" line that shows "Stake Center".

However, when you click on the link for "Edit event details & location" the box labeled "Location" shows "Mesa".

It is my understanding that the event was originally scheduled for the Stake Center but was later changed to Mesa.

Those who look at the popup will believe that the event is at the "Stake Center" (when it is actually planned to take place now at "Mesa".

It appears that the "Where:" line on the popup has not been updated even though the "Location" in the editing window has been changed. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Is there any way to fix it?

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 am
by sjpynes
Ok, the easiest fix was to delete the original event and enter a new event with the correct "Location" the "Where" comes out correctly. Nevertheless, this is a problem that users should be aware of as they edit events.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 am
by aebrown
sjpynes wrote:Ok, the easiest fix was to delete the original event and enter a new event with the correct "Location" the "Where" comes out correctly. Nevertheless, this is a problem that users should be aware of as they edit events.


Thanks for posting your experience. I would note, however, that this is not a general problem. I just tested all sorts of combinations, and in every case, the "Where" line on the popup updated whenever I changed the location for the event.

So my guess is that there was something odd about how your particular event was stored in the database, or something in your browser's cache, that was causing this problem for you. It's good to make people aware that this problem might occur, but it's comforting to know that the problem will be rare.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:42 pm
by russellhltn
I don't know if you tried it, but if it were to happen again: I'd try to change the location to something else, save it, then change it back. The change may trigger the update.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:37 am
by sjpynes
Before I deleted it I tried to change the "Location" but that did not fix the problem, the "Where:" was still wrong. Also, I tried it using IE and Chrome from different machines and still got the same result. The only way to get the "Where:" correct was to delete it and start again. I have not replicated the problem (that I am aware of yet :).