calendar printing errors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bruce1216

Printing Problems

Post by bruce1216 »

Not able to prinnt all activities on the same day. Will print the first item, but that is it. If several activities are on the same day, Only prints the fist item. Is this a known problen? It was printing okay about a week or two ago. Help. Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bruce1216 wrote:Is this a known problen?

Yes. And it is being discussed right here in this thread. Check out the earlier posts.
busman

Printing problem work-around

Post by busman »

I know it's klugy, but don't schedule two events on the same day at the same time. Someone, who can see ALL calendars, must verify frequently (weekly?) for each month that there are no events added that have the exact same start date & time as another event. Only 1 minute difference is needed.

This should be a straight-forward fix for the calendar tech team. Rather than discuss it, please fix it. People are missing important meetings like bishop's PPIs with stake presidents, etc.

Please, when it is fixed, make an announcement so we know that we no longer need to do the workaround.
-Steve Jones
Stake Clerk, Gresham, Oregon
geneh

Post by geneh »

I am sorry, but 3 or more events on the same day is NOT the problem. I have 7 events on one day and they all printed just fine. What I noticed is if there are 2 or more "all day" events on the same day it will only print one of them. Also, as someone else already pointed out, if there are 2 or more events at the same time on the same day only one will be printed. I have days where the only things on that date are 2 "all day" events. It will only print one of them. Last year when I was doing our stake calendar this was NOT a problem. Something has changed recently. When I saw that one of the moderators had responded to this thread I hoped I would see something like, "This is a known problem. We have a team of software developers working on this now and expect a solution in the very near future." Instead, the response gave no hope of a near-term solution.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

geneh wrote:When I saw that one of the moderators had responded to this thread I hoped I would see something like, "This is a known problem. We have a team of software developers working on this now and expect a solution in the very near future." Instead, the response gave no hope of a near-term solution.
RussellHltn wrote:LisaAn who posted a few messages ago is part of the development team, so they're aware of the problem.

As Russell explained, LisaAn is part of the development team. They are aware of the problem. That means they know about it and are working to resolve it as quickly as they can.

How soon will that be? It depends on priorities. As Isaiah 55:8 says (paraphrasing greatly here), their priorities are not our priorities, and their teams of software developers are not our teams of software developers.

In reality, developers at the Church work in many areas on the priorities they are given. Calendar is only one of their areas of responsibility. When this glitch hits the top of the pile (and it may be there already, we don't know) it will receive attention, they will figure out the problem, it will be fixed in the software, and we will see it when the next version of the Calendar is rolled out.

I seriously doubt, however, that it will be tomorrow. If patience is truly a virtue, I am ready to be translated. I still prefer English, though.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

busman wrote:This should be a straight-forward fix for the calendar tech team. Rather than discuss it, please fix it.

It may be straight-forward. It might not be. But please do not think that the calendar tech team is sitting around here discussing it. They are not. None of us, to my knowledge, except for LisaAn is on the development team. Because the Calendar actually does experience high priority and visibility, LisaAn checks in occasionally to see what is going on. We are grateful to her for that. Otherwise, we would be in the queue behind thousands of others who report problems to the lds.org site each day.

The discussion here indicates that the problem is with calendar items that start and end at the same time. This would include all-day events. These observations help the development team in troubleshooting these issues. Please keep them coming.
robertsonr1

Same problem

Post by robertsonr1 »

I'm trying to print out the calendar as a .pdf and it is omitting activities just as the others in the thread describe. I don't think I have anything else to add, other than that I need a fix soon so I can give out hard copies of the calendar on schedule. Thanks!
robertsonr1

Post by robertsonr1 »

If it helps, I last printed a copy last Tuesday (the 13th), and it did not have this problem, so it is within the last few days that it came up.
geneh

Post by geneh »

I printed a copy of my calendar on Thursday the 15th and the problem was not there. On Saturday the 17th I printed an updated version and that is the first time I noticed the items being dropped out. Hope that helps.
cdurney

Post by cdurney »

LisaAn wrote:This is a known issue. The problem is the number of events. If there are too many events on the calendar, then some of the events get dropped when printing to PDF. The work around is to un-check some of the calendars which will eliminate some of the events that are shown. I've only seen this when I had a test calendars that had 3 events each day and I tried to print a week. How many events do you have on your calendars when you see the problem?
I have only one calendar checked, but it is a stake calendar with many events on it.

Since our stake furnishes printed versions of the stake calendar to all of the stake and ward leaders, I need to get a printout of the calendar within two weeks, if possible. Do you have any estimate of when this printing problem might be resolved?

I tried syncing the calendar to a Google calendar and to an iCal calendar and printing out those, but I couldn't get that to work satisfactorily. Any suggestions about what else I could do to get a printed calendar in time?

Return to “Calendar”