Calendar needs a month/year dropdown

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
porterjl

Calendar needs a month/year dropdown

Post by porterjl »

The calendar needs a month/year dropdown to be able to move around between months easily by selecting a month/year. It is a pain to have to scroll forward and back one month at a time.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar needs a month/year dropdown

Post by jdlessley »

Moving between months is a lot faster when the small calendar in the upper left of the page is used. Click the advance arrow or decrement arrow to move to the month you want. Then click on any day within that little calendar to have the main calendar move to that month.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
porterjl

Post by porterjl »

I am aware of that option. It is still tedious.
failproof

Post by failproof »

I have a vague recollection of giving similar feedback but was unable to find it, though perhaps it was on the beta calendar forum...

My suggestion is to be able to click the month name in the small calendar and have a drop down appear there, as well as a drop down for the year, similar to the small calendar you get when picking an end date for a recurring event. Then you can click on a date in that calendar to jump to it on the large calendar.

Return to “Calendar”