Printing calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
celrobins

Printing calendars

Post by celrobins »

I'm the secretary in my ward's Primary, and we're frustrated with the options for printing calendars. When we plan things we want to make sure we don't have any significant conflicts, so we want to print one calendar with almost every organization on it - and there's too much. When we have a day with too many events, it will print the first few and then say something like "3 more events."

We want to be able to print only 2 or 3 weeks per page, so that the boxes are bigger, so all the events show. OR, if we could print the calendar in portrait format instead of landscape, maybe that would work. OR, if we could have the option to change the sizes of the boxes when we're choosing print options, that would help a lot - a hold-and-drag feature, like the one in Word tables, would be nice.

I know it's an option to print a simple list of events; it's kind of hard to work off a list.
We'd rather have something easy to use in a calendar format.

Does anyone know how to do that with this calendar program?
infomaster

Re: Printing calendars

Post by infomaster »

As with many things concerning MLS, it is possible, but may not be worth the time and effort.

I have worked on a calendar module that can take the calendar export information, such as an ical file; then show all the bits of information that is available, allow a choice of what you want to show, then output the remaining data in the format you need.

This would basically be a filter; once set up, would make printing the calendar automatic.

This still has some work to be done; if there is enough interest, I can up the priority.
celrobins

Post by celrobins »

Are you the one who wrote the calendar program? If so - KUDOS! It's very helpful! :)
jonwhitlock

Post by jonwhitlock »

Can I get a ward calendar formatted in *.doc format?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is not natively available on LDS.org. You will have to convert the PDF format to DOC using either Adobe Acrobat or some third party app. I open the PDF document using MS Word and let Word make the conversion.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
skye72

Post by skye72 »

Since the update to the website (Feb 2019), and consequently the calendar, I can no longer print our calendar and have it show everything I've typed in the main event box, meaning the text wrap doesn't work within the daily boxes. It now cuts off anything beyond +/- 25 characters. The previous version didn't do this. Can this function please be added back into the default settings? I really don't want to have to find a different calendar program to use just so I can print correctly.

Return to “Calendar”