LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ethzmoos

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by ethzmoos »

My email notifications had been working until just a few weeks ago. We also had a ward member pass away a few weeks ago.
SniderRF

Calendar not sending e-mail notifications

Post by SniderRF »

For at least several weeks, the calendar has not sent e-mail notifications. We have tested to make certain it's not limited to just an individual or two. We have confirmed that the subscription settings are correct. I assume this is system-wide, and not just our stake. Can you provide some information on this matter?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar not sending e-mail notifications

Post by aebrown »

SniderRF wrote:For at least several weeks, the calendar has not sent e-mail notifications. We have tested to make certain it's not limited to just an individual or two. We have confirmed that the subscription settings are correct. I assume this is system-wide, and not just our stake. Can you provide some information on this matter?
Yes, it's system wide, as you can see from the lengthy topic I merged your post into.
kchip

Post by kchip »

I am having the same issue with e-mail notifications when creating and updating calendar events. This issue started about 4 weeks ago.
SniderRF

Calendar not sending e-mail notifications

Post by SniderRF »

We have conducted a 3-stake investigation involving about nine individuals with various ward and stake callings, and find that none of us are receiving any e-mail notifications of calendar events. I have to believe you already know about this. We all have verified and re-verified and re-re-verified that our options are set correctly, but none of us receive notifications. Please give us some direction or information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar not sending e-mail notifications

Post by russellhltn »

SniderRF wrote:We have conducted a 3-stake investigation involving about nine individuals with various ward and stake callings, and find that none of us are receiving any e-mail notifications of calendar events. I have to believe you already know about this. We all have verified and re-verified and re-re-verified that our options are set correctly, but none of us receive notifications. Please give us some direction or information.
Your post was combined with an existing thread on the subject.

I don't know what to say other than you need to find a workaround. We have no timeline for when this might get fixed. There's a new calendar version in beta, it may have the needed fix. And because there's a new version in beta, I highly doubt the existing version will get fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

My notifications started working again today. I did not change any settings or do anything.
leetorian

Post by leetorian »

This was such a nice feature when it worked.
Any updates on when thisight be addressed?
I sett gmail to have the singl, less secure validation and it did not resolve the failure to send, now or in the future
howellpayne

Post by howellpayne »

My Ward calendar is finally sending email after a long seige. :)
grantmosshijo

Post by grantmosshijo »

Hello:

I am the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric and I have set up e-mail reminders to go to the entire ward council or PEC and they do not work. They worked until about July of this year. I went in and remade all of the calendar items that I had already posted to the calendar but nobody has received the updates.
What should I do? It looks like this is not an isolated issue.

Cheers,

Grant Moss

Return to “Calendar”