Access to New Youth Activities Planning Tool

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Access to New Youth Activities Planning Tool

Post by sbradshaw »

That said, rather than suggesting that calendar-related functionality be removed from the youth activities tool, we should instead be suggesting that the LDS.org Calendar adapt some of the useful features and thought that has gone into the youth activities tool. No need to step backwards.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sbradshaw wrote:That said, rather than suggesting that calendar-related functionality be removed from the youth activities tool ...
I re-read this thread several times and I did not see where anyone has made that recommendation. Rather there are concerns that the planner could be used as a separate calendar. Those ward members who are not calendar editors could see this site as a separate calendar and use it as such since they may not be aware of the ability to add the fully planned event to the ward calendar.

When something looks, feels, and functions like a calendar then it will be used as a calendar - unless it is clear that it is only a planner and should not be used as a calendar.
sbradshaw wrote:... we should instead be suggesting that the LDS.org Calendar adapt some of the useful features and thought that has gone into the youth activities tool.
I made such an observation in the last paragraph in this post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
richmondkl

Post by richmondkl »

Can we get access to the activity ideas in list format, for youth to look at in paper form?
Thanks
brianfinn27@gmail.com

Post by brianfinn27@gmail.com »

Has there been any more updates to the youth planner calendar, we are just now starting to find these tools.
AthenaLee

Post by AthenaLee »

We also are wanting to integrate the planner, but even our bishopric cannot find the button to add it to our ward calendar. Nor will the email lists for the different groups populate, we would have to manually create each group. Is this function no longer being supported with the newest technology or is there something we are missing here? I never even heard of the planner until just now and I have been in YW for 4 years. It would be a great addition if we could connect it to the ward calendar and email groups easily.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

AthenaLee wrote:We also are wanting to integrate the planner, but even our bishopric cannot find the button to add it to our ward calendar.
There is no connection. At one time, I thought there was a link to help copy an activity to a calendar that the user had edit rights to, but I'm not seeing it. The only calendar button became broken with the roll-out of Calendar 3.0.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fletch74

Post by fletch74 »

Am I understanding correctly there is no integration between the youth planner tool and the ward calendar? If so, why? Is an integration planned?

I really like how helpful the youth planner tool is. However, if it's completely disconnected from the ward calendar, that feels like taking the engine out of a Ferrari. ☹️

As a workaround, is it possible to sync the youth planner with my personal calendar, like I can with the ward calendar?
MCRACEJG

Post by MCRACEJG »

I know when i started using this tool at the beginning of the year, I was able to add events and push them to the ward calendar! is there a reason that is now broken, and is there an ETA for fixing it? thank you!

Return to “Calendar”