Calendar and Roles by Name

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sbridwell

Re: Calendar and Roles by Name

Post by sbridwell »

russellhltn wrote:I've alerted the developers.
Thanks for doing that. I would hate to lose this functionality. I also posted a website feedback form about the issue just in case that would get someone's attention.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Apparently this only affects private calendars?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Apparently this only affects private calendars?
No, it affects public calendars as well.
gdow

Post by gdow »

Just wanted to confirm this is happening to me, too. We have a stake baptism calendar and I am trying to add all of the WMLs from each of the wards to the calendar and it has saved just one. The rest seem to fall out.

It would be helpful if we could add a person by position on a stake calendar from a ward calling. This calendar should be edited by the WMLs and the building schedulers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gdow wrote:It would be helpful if we could add a person by position on a stake calendar from a ward calling. This calendar should be edited by the WMLs and the building schedulers.
I'm not saying that the features being requested is wrong, but I'm wondering what the purpose of a stake baptismal calendar would be. It seems to me that by making it a stake calendar, you're effectively discouraging the ward members from subscribing since it will have a number of baptisms that they'll have no interest in. Ward calendars can book the facility just as well as a stake calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gdow

Post by gdow »

Do the WMLs have access to the Restrictions calendar? They are frustrated because we have a high number of baptisms and they feel like they are trying to schedule in the blind. They are complaining that they don't know what is available for COR or convert baptisms.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gdow wrote:Do the WMLs have access to the Restrictions calendar?
No. Nor should restrictions be used to schedule events.
gdow wrote:They are frustrated because we have a high number of baptisms and they feel like they are trying to schedule in the blind. They are complaining that they don't know what is available for COR or convert baptisms.
If they switch to week view and select the building on the left side, anyone can see what is scheduled for the building - regardless of what calendar it's on.

gdow

Post by gdow »

Thank you. That actually solves the whole problem. I am creating a training doc to go out to all WMLs now.

Thanks!

Garrett
reidwpoole

Post by reidwpoole »

I have a stake calendar I have the building schedulers use for scheduling family and events not sponsored by a ward. Last Sunday all the building schedulers names disappeared as calendar editors and I have been unable to re-add them. Makes for serious problems with building scheduling in the stake. The building schedulers have callings in MLS (standard and custom) at both the ward and stake level and have been assigned as schedulers in the calendar for some time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

reidwpoole wrote:I have a stake calendar I have the building schedulers use for scheduling family and events not sponsored by a ward. Last Sunday all the building schedulers names disappeared as calendar editors and I have been unable to re-add them.
How are you trying to add them? By name or by role? Have you tried both ways?

Edit: Just to add: You shouldn't have trouble adding them by name. Perhaps there's a issue if they are a out-of-unit member.

As far as by calling, since you're talking about a stake calendar, they need to be added in a standard calling in the stake MLS. Ward callings, custom callings and making them a Building Scheduler in the calendar system doesn't make them selectable by calling.

Return to “Calendar”