Building Scheduler - access gone

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building schedulers disappear

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:That thread is from February. A new post in thread brought it to the top.
D'oh! Neeeeeever mind....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Re: Building Scheduler - access gone

Post by dshep2020 »

So any word on if this issue is going to get fixed? I too was surprised to see that the building schedulers were gone. I add them and they get removed shortly thereafter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dshep2020 wrote:and they get removed shortly thereafter.
If you look, they will get removed. But are they disappearing if you don't look?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Another piece of the puzzle, but it makes sense. I am stake executive secretary and building scheduler. My ability to make a "restriction" has disappeared.
pamvan

Post by pamvan »

We are having the exact same issue. No scheduler access. We can add the scheduler back in but then it disappears again. I can't believe this is related to the 2.7.5 release in February since this issue just started happening this week 23 Jul 2015. It seems to be an issue with Stake schedulers who schedule multiple buildings in the Stake. Ward scheduling doesn't seem to be an issue. I will try entering the schedulers again.
pamvan

Post by pamvan »

The problem with "don't look" is that you can't keep someone else from looking. Certain stake
positions have default access and can "look" at will; then our access is gone again. We won't know until we try to schedule again and find out we can't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pamvan wrote:The problem with "don't look" is that you can't keep someone else from looking.
Understood. But you can avoid being part of the problem. I'm a little surprised this wasn't fixed right away, but I know at least one of the developers was on vacation this week.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
pamvan wrote:The problem with "don't look" is that you can't keep someone else from looking.
Understood. But you can avoid being part of the problem. I'm a little surprised this wasn't fixed right away, but I know at least one of the developers was on vacation this week.
Not only is it one of, but he is the only developer at this point.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:Not only is it one of, but he is the only developer at this point.
Ouch. He comes back Wednesday. And we don't know how long it will take to fix.

dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:Not only is it one of, but he is the only developer at this point.
Ouch. He comes back Wednesday. And we don't know how long it will take to fix.
Oh man...I didn't realize that the calendar development staff was down that low.

Return to “Calendar”