Data not loading on iOS

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Data not loading on iOS

Post by RBeatse »

I use my iPad 90% of the time when using the calendar. Yesterday, after signing in (using Chrome and Safari) and going to the Calendar, the framework of the calendar loads but the data itself just is blank with the spinning “loading” icon.

Does anyone else have this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Data not loading on iOS

Post by russellhltn »

In the past, I think that's been a sign of either corrupt data or too much data (too many events to display). Only folks seeing the same calendar(s) are likely to have the same issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I am able to see everything on a “regular” computer, just not my iPad or iPhone (latest iPhone XS).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What happens if you start switching off calendars?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Nothing. I have turned off individual calendars, I have tried whole categories (Stake or Ward) and even turn off the building specific calendars. I do, usually, have a lot of calendars showing due to my calling but this just started. Once I turn them off and nothing changes, if I refresh the page, they are all back on so I am not sure that they are registering as off.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is it possibly related to this problem? Directory and Calendar endless spinning
Do you see the old LDS.org header at the top of the page (blue menu below the Church logo), or the new one (white menu with blue light rays below the Church logo), or neither?
Are you able to access other tools, like the LDS.org Directory or LDS.org Donations?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

TThe main lds.org page is white with name in the center, teal highlights. When I click on my name in the top right side, I get a new smaller drop down with a few links. I click/tap the Calendar and now the full calendar and ata shows up. Woohoo!! However, like the link you gave above, I have no header on this page. Same for Safari and Chrome. Looks like my problem is solved but I will follow the other post. Thank you.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I am having same issue. How to resolve?
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I had it start to work on the calendar a couple of days ago but then it started to just show “loading”. I closed all of the tabs and apps on my iPad and then I rebooted the iPad to clear the memory. When I tried to view the calendar again, now I got the framework again but no data.
I hope it is due to the developers doing something and it will be fixed soon.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It looks fixed now.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Calendar”