Calendar not loading

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rem1701e

Calendar not loading

Post by rem1701e »

I have noticed several times in the past week trying to access the calendar on lds.org that it just sits and spins and nothing loads. I am on MacOS and it does this in both Safari and Chrome. Seems to be working fine in iOS, however.
DavidWhipple

Can't access calendar

Post by DavidWhipple »

For some reason I can't access the calendar on my LDS.org account. This has just recently developed. I am able to log in and access all other aspects of my LDS account including my donations, my notes and leader resources. I just can't access the calendar. I've tried logging on through different browsers and still no success. Thanks for any help.

David

[Moderator note: post merged with this thread since the topics are the same.]
oobx

Re: Calendar not loading

Post by oobx »

same here. The "Loading..." progress bar gets just over half way and stops. The rest of the screen is white.

But, this has been happening for me for a long time And I want to figure it out. I was on Mac OS X el capitan. Now Mojave. Happens in Chrome, firefox and Safari. I cleared all *.lds.org cookies.
kevintams

Post by kevintams »

I've been having the same issue. Sunday's only for the past three weeks. I happened on computers at the church and at home. Windows 10 and Mac OS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tried it just now, turning all all the building in my stake. It takes a bit, but the webpage does load.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jegbert

Post by jegbert »

This has been a problem now for several weeks. I've tried on MacOS Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. On my iPhone and my iPad. Also on our stake clerk computer running Windows 11 and another one running Windows 10, Edge and Chrome. It never gets beyond, "Give us a moment"...essentially unusable now.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jegbert wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am This has been a problem now for several weeks.
The issue being experienced since mid November 2022 is not related to the much older calendar issues described in this old topic thread. This most recent issue is a result of the sudden calendar upgrade to version 4.0. See the Calendar 4.0 released topic for a discussion on the reason for the sudden upgrade and the issues users are experiencing.
jegbert wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 amI've tried on MacOS Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. On my iPhone and my iPad. Also on our stake clerk computer running Windows 11 and another one running Windows 10, Edge and Chrome. It never gets beyond, "Give us a moment"...essentially unusable now.
The load time of Calendar 4.0 takes a while. I have experienced load times with Calendar 4.0 taking anywhere from 8 seconds to over 40 seconds. Give it some time to load before giving up.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jegbert

Post by jegbert »

I’ve given it several minutes, at times even 10 minutes plus and no change.
jegbert

Post by jegbert »

I just tried again loading the calendar. I started my stopwatch as soon as, “Give us a moment…” came on the screen. 19 minutes and 14 seconds later, I finally closed the browser with no change.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jegbert wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:36 pm I finally closed the browser with no change.
I would begin with the usual suspects. Cache, cookies, etc. But you seem to already have eliminated that problem by your use of different browsers and devices.

Next, I would try reloading the page after giving it a moment for about 10 seconds. There was a time for me when the page stuck on give me a moment, but after a few seconds, if I hit the reload button, it would almost instantly load. To me, this points to a browser / server interface problem that I was not smart enough to solve. But usually that trick worked until the site loaded quickly enough on its own that I no longer needed it.

That points me next to a connection speed issue. For some reason the Calendar takes too long to load, and if you are on a slower connection it just seems to give up.

The next thing I would do is to make sure that your Church account is properly loaded with your membership record number, and it may help to verify with your ward clerk that your membership record is in your ward. That you have not successfully loaded the Calendar using many devices would point to the potential of a problem with your Church account.

And after that, I would ask for suggestions from the Global Services Department. Your clerk will be able to give you their number.

Another possibility is that someone with technical skills would be able to work with you and your browser advanced features to watch and log what happens as your browser tries to load the Calendar page. There may be some clues there as to where the process is hanging, and why.

And after that, I am out of ideas.

Return to “Calendar”