Unable to edit settings for existing calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sjpinson

Unable to edit settings for existing calendars

Post by sjpinson »

I am unable to edit the settings for existing stake calendars. I am a stake calendar administrator.
I have already tried clearing my browser cache. No change.

The attached file includes screenshots that show what I am seeing. I go to the calendar settings page, click on a calendar to edit its settings, and I'm taking to the "Create calendar" page and get this error message: "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later." This problem has persisted for several weeks on multiple computers, so I'm reaching out here to try to find a solution quickly. This problem is preventing me from fulfilling my assignments.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Brother Pinson
Ammon Idaho North Stake
Calendar problems.docx
(163.65 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to edit settings for existing calendars

Post by rmrichesjr »

The dialog in that screenshot is very similar (perhaps identical) to some dialogs I and at least a few others were seeing intermittently about a week or so ago when accessing the directory web app. With the directory web app, refreshing or reloading the page would often show the data without the dialog. A quick check this morning of the directory web app did not show any dialogs.

Besides clearing your browser cache, deleting all (relevant) cookies can sometimes help clear up odd problems. If you have access to other browsers, you might try them to see if the problem might be browser-specific.

Have you been able to edit calendar settings in the past? If not, you might make sure your calling is recorded as a standard calling rather than a custom calling. Only standard callings convey access rights to the various web apps.

If nothing else helps, the closest Feedback link or button would be the place to officially report the problem and request help/support. Make sure to include your browser name and version, your operating system, and a statement that you have already cleared the browser cache(s) and deleted cookies.
sjpinson

Post by sjpinson »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have successfully edited the calendar settings in the past.
After submitting the post this morning, I tried editing the calendar settings from Safari on my iPhone. I was able to successfully change one stake calendar from Private to Public. On my second attempt with a different stake calendar, I got the same error ("Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application...").

I've also tried creating new stake calendars this morning. I've been able to create one, but in other attempts I get an eternal spinning wheel after clicking "Save".

When you say "closest Feedback link or button", you're talking about using something like this (https://www.lds.org/tools/feedback/?lan ... g:homepage) to report the issue?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Yes, that linked page looks like the feedback page.

With a setting change working once on one calendar and then not working on a second calendar, that sounds like it might be intermittent in similar fashion to what I was seeing with the directory web app last week. If you try a few more times on the second calendar, does one of those attempts work? If so, you might have to retry each operation until it succeeds. (Yes, it's inconvenient, but most workarounds are.)
sjpinson

Post by sjpinson »

Yes, there was some inconsistency. But now it is consistently not working. :)
I'll look at reporting this via the feedback link. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to keep your changes simple and do them one at a time. Multiple changes at once might be a problem.

Someone else had a problem trying to create a private calendar. When they built it as a public and then converted it to private, it worked. It could be the system doesn't like changing private calendars for some reason.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rsmout

Post by rsmout »

I have this same issue today. It's happening on multiple devices and different browsers. I'm unable to add access to a private calendar used for Ward Mission Leaders to coordinate meals for missionaries.

Has anyone found a solution?
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

To close this one out. We had a problem with one of the calendar servers for a few days which was resolved.

Return to “Calendar”