Please don't adjust the start/end mtg. time when I'm editing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jtyewhit

Please don't adjust the start/end mtg. time when I'm editing

Post by jtyewhit »

My single biggest pain point with the calendar is that when you adjust the start/end time, it tries to be 'helpful' and adjusts the other. For instance, if I have a mtg that runs from 9:00am-10:00am, and I change the start to 9:30am, it changes the end time to 10:30pm.

When I'm entering the stake calendar for the upcoming year, I often get into a situation where I adjust the start time and it changes the end time, then I adjust the end time (because the event isn't as long as it was first thought) and now it changes the start time. I change the start time back to what it was supposed to be and now the end time changes. And back and forth and back and forth and back and forth I go. Sometimes the only way I can get out of it is to completely delete the start/end time, or kill the appointment and recreate it from scratch.

This is a big time waster when I'm entering the calendar for the entire year--of which I have very little to waste.

Please, please, please, do not try to 'help' me by adjusting either the start or end time of an event when I'm modifying either. Not only is it not helpful, it often gets me into a loop where I can't set the appropriate timespan at all because changing one changes the other. It's maddening.

I thought this was going to get fixed this year. Yet here I am putzing about with the calendar times over and over on some appointments. I haven't deduced yet the pattern that causes it to get locked into this state and don't care to. Just, please, stop adjusting the time for me when I change either the start/stop time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Please don't adjust the start/end mtg. time when I'm editing

Post by russellhltn »

I can see where adjusting the end time is helpful. But adjusting the start time based on trying to change the end time could lead to problems.

A new verson was promised sometime back. Not sure when it will roll out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”