Hyperlinks in LDS Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Taravandegraaff

Hyperlinks in LDS Calendar

Post by Taravandegraaff »

I'm wondering if there's a way to hyperlink Come, Follow Me lessons and conference talks into the description of events on LDS Calendar. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? It would be great for people to be able to access those directly.
davesudweeks

Re: Hyperlinks in LDS Calendar

Post by davesudweeks »

You can insert web addresses into the event description, but they are not hyperlinks. Members would have to copy the web address and paste it into a browser address bar. Perhaps someone else on the forum has a workaround.

If you desire this functionality, it won't get to the decision makers by posting in this user-to-user help forum. The best way to get your voice heard is to post feedback using the link at the bottom of the calendar page. You should not expect an individualized response, but I understand all the feedback is read and routed to the appropriate leaders who set the priorities for the programmers.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I send out a weekly newsletter using Send a Message in LCR and provide links to all lesson material including conference talks.... I don't think the calendar gets much attention, at least in our ward.
Taravandegraaff

Post by Taravandegraaff »

You can sync the LDS Calendar directly to your phone calendar. When you do that, the hyperlinks show up on your phone calendar. This has helped our ward utilize the calendar more.
shazza32

Post by shazza32 »

How do you "sync the LDS Calendar directly to your phone calendar. When you do that, the hyperlinks show up on your phone calendar. " ? I know how to add individual items to my calendar but not to sync a whole calendar. Is there a calendar called "LDS Calendar" or do you just mean the LDS Tools calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shazza32 wrote:How do you "sync the LDS Calendar directly to your phone calendar. When you do that, the hyperlinks show up on your phone calendar. " ? I know how to add individual items to my calendar but not to sync a whole calendar.
In the calendar on churchofjesuschrist.org, click on the gear icon and select sync. You'll have options to get a URL for a iCal file. For iOS, I believe those systems can take the URL directly. For Android, you add a calendar to your Google Calendar on the account that's connected to your device.

I would suggest using the "Custom Synced Calendar" rather than the default "Auto-synced Calendars" This gives you better control over what appears on your device. In my case, I only want events applicable to me to show up in my device calendar, while I usually want to see much more when I log into churchofjesuschrist.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
seth.wagenman

Post by seth.wagenman »

OK so I *never* use laptop or desktop computing devices anymore for personal work. When I log in to the Church web site from my mobile device, there is no “gear” icon which would give me the URL to synch my calendar using my device operating system. How can I get this information from my mobile login?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

seth.wagenman wrote:When I log in to the Church web site from my mobile device, there is no “gear” icon which would give me the URL to synch my calendar using my device operating system. How can I get this information from my mobile login?
It's under the "three dot" menu in the upper right of the screen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”