Non-presidency members scheduling directly on the Stake calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
whitetjw

Non-presidency members scheduling directly on the Stake calendar

Post by whitetjw »

Our local leaders keep saying that all members of the stake can schedule a ward building directly on the Stake Calendar by logging into their account on lds.org and then clicking on the day needed and inputting the info. This is even stated in the announcement section of our ward's Sacrament meeting program bulletin. I have consistently found this to be incorrect: Only members who are currently serving in presidencies can schedule on the calendar. Our ward has become the agent ward of our building at the turn of the New Year. But leaders won't call a building scheduler because of this persistent idea. I constantly run into this problem as I'm supposed to schedule all the Cub Scout Pack mtgs. and activities each year. I have to find a leader who is willing to listen and will do it for me. Is there a policy regarding this? Is it true that all stake members, regardless of calling, should be able to schedule directly on the Stake calendar? And if so, how do we get the glitch resolved that is keeping those of us non-presidency members from being able to do so? (I am and always have been a member in good standing, in case that was a question on your mind.) Could I get official clarification on this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Non-presidency members scheduling directly on the Stake calendar

Post by russellhltn »

whitetjw wrote:Only members who are currently serving in presidencies can schedule on the calendar.
They are the default admins. They can add others as editors to the calendar.
whitetjw wrote:Is there a policy regarding this?
No policy, but there is a help file that describes how the calendar works.
whitetjw wrote:Is it true that all stake members, regardless of calling, should be able to schedule directly on the Stake calendar?
NO!
whitetjw wrote:Could I get official clarification on this?
I'm not sure as you'd get one here, but again, I'd refer to the help file that describes how it works.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
whitetjw

Post by whitetjw »

OK thanks for the help. I found the information on the help file link regarding this. I'm just going to request they remove that announcement from the Sacrament Bulletin since it's incorrect but numerous leaders are passing this idea around.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

whitetjw wrote:it's incorrect but numerous leaders are passing this idea around.
It's not unusual for a leader to think that because they can do it, anyone can. They don't realize that their calling is tied to the LDS Account and there are rights that automatically go with their calling.

But I have to say, I've not seen it this bad where they think any member can place something on the calendar. I'd think they'd view that with some concern. Any Calendar Editor, yes, but not any member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

In the new calendar released today, if members click on the "Add Event" link on the calendar, and they are not a calendar editor, a popup will explain they don't have rights and refer them to their clerk.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

CrockettDR wrote:In the new calendar released today, if members click on the "Add Event" link on the calendar, and they are not a calendar editor, a popup will explain they don't have rights and refer them to their clerk.
So, do I understand that in 3.0 it is different and everyone will see the “Add Event” link on the top left? In the previous versions, I could tell someone to log in and if they saw the “+”, then I knew they had calendar entry access. It sounds like now they will see the “Add Event” but won’t know if they can add anything until they click the link. Correct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RBeatse wrote:
CrockettDR wrote:So, do I understand that in 3.0 it is different and everyone will see the “Add Event” link on the top left? In the previous versions, I could tell someone to log in and if they saw the “+”, then I knew they had calendar entry access. It sounds like now they will see the “Add Event” but won’t know if they can add anything until they click the link. Correct?
Correct.

winnj100

Post by winnj100 »

I am the Stake Building Scheduler and the Building Scheduler for the other two buildings our Stake uses.
I am trying to edit an existing event, that I entered before the 3.0 implementation. It will not let me edit
it, or delete it. How do I make changes? Thank you! Judy Winn
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd check with the stake admins to make sure you're set up properly. As long as the event is taking place in a building that you've been set up as a building scheduler for (in the calendar system, not LCR), then you should be able to edit it.

CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

winnj100 wrote:I am the Stake Building Scheduler and the Building Scheduler for the other two buildings our Stake uses.
I am trying to edit an existing event, that I entered before the 3.0 implementation. It will not let me edit
it, or delete it. How do I make changes? Thank you! Judy Winn
The problem may be that the building is not marked to be scheduled. Check with your stake clerk. But we would be happy to help you figure this out if you use the feedback link at the bottom of the calendar. One wonderful feature of the new calendar is that we can proxy in as you and as a stake calendar admin to quickly figure these things out.

Return to “Calendar”