Hyperlink in Calendar Description

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rffx

Hyperlink in Calendar Description

Post by rffx »

How do I put a clickable hyperlink into the Calendar event Description?
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Hyperlink in Calendar Description

Post by CrockettDR »

It isn't supported
OlsenRR

Post by OlsenRR »

Now that all of the local meetings are online would it be possible to make this request supported? It would be amazing if the members who are not tech savy could just click on a link to get to my ward's sacrament broadcast. We are not distributing the links to the our zoom classes on general emails or social media to limit the potential for Zoombombing the class. So the calendar is teh best way to ensure that a someone is at least a member of the ward.
wfindlay

Post by wfindlay »

This really needs to be supported now that we are trying to hold so many meetings virtually.
wfindlay

Post by wfindlay »

Interestingly, I noticed automatic hyperlinking of urls does occur in the iPhone Tools app, but not the android app or desktop website.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Development is currently adding the automatic hyperlinking in descriptions. We hope to have it in a release the week after Thanksgiving
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

A minor release was made to the calendar today. Function was added to hyperlink URLs included in descriptions. It needs to be the full URL including the http/https part. They are also hyperlinked in the popup when you click on an event.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

CrockettDR, thanks so much for the alert. Granted only those on the Forum might see this, but any communication of these types of enhancements is a good thing. I understand it can't always occur, but I'm grateful when it does :)
rich

Post by rich »

@CrockettDR, yep, thank you for pointing out this new-ish URL support feature. I can confirm adding URL's to calendar events [Details] field works for complex Zoom, Google-Meet and webcast URL's in standard desktop browsers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16bHDmS ... sp=sharing

Can or will this URL support in the calendar events [Details] field be supported in [Member Tools][Calendar] on mobile devices as well?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rich wrote:Can or will this URL support in the calendar events [Details] field be supported in [Member Tools][Calendar] on mobile devices as well?
That question would need to be directed to the product manager for Member Tools. I don't know what the status of that is.

You may want to use feedback in the Member Tools app to request this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”