Calendar no longer loads updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
eccles98

Calendar no longer loads updates

Post by eccles98 »

Since the web site change from LDS.org, new calendar events no longer push to my Google calendar. I reloaded the URL without success. When that didn't work I deleted the church calendar URL from my google account and regenerated a new URL. After adding the new URL I still do not get calendar updates to my Google calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar no longer loads updates

Post by russellhltn »

First, make sure you have subscriptions set up on your main lds.org calendar page. The default URL will only sync what you have subscribed to. I did notice an odd bug in that when I first looked at the sync, it didn't list any calendars. I went back to see what I had set up, and then all the calendars were listed in the sync.

Personally, I'd go with a custom sync. That way, only the calendars you choose will sync over. I can "view all" on lds.org, but only "sync some".

Note that it's up to Google about how often to sync. It should pull in the events immediately if the URL has changed, but won't do that if you just delete and re-add the URL. After that, the sync is about once every 24 hours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Also, because we were only syncing three months in the future, users were thinking sync wasn't working. We changed that to 12 months on Thursday.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Does the 9-minute throttle between syncs still apply with the new calendar?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”