3.0 time change

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

3.0 time change

Post by RBeatse »

The US had time change yesterday but I am seeing an odd occurrence today. I am in Mountain Time Zone and my device says 10:24 AM. I verified the calendar is in “United States/Denver” but the little red arrow on the left of the calendar that shows the current time is showing 11:24am. If it still had the “old time”, it would say 9:24am. Odd!!
Attachments
37031148-9AEA-4D33-8B74-D525FAA33A95.jpeg
(883.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: 3.0 time change

Post by jdlessley »

I can confirm the red arrow for the current time in the week view of the calendar is one hour ahead of where it should be since the time change to Daylight Saving Time. It looks like the saving time is +2 hours instead on +1 hour.

It also looks like the event graphics are off by 1 hour. For example we have an event that is from 4:20 PM to 6:30 PM, yet the graphic shows the event from 5:20 PM to 7:30 PM in the week view (The text of the graphic is still 4:20 PM to 6:30 PM).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like someone tried to compensate for DST but the time they were using already had DST factored in.

I noticed at least the time zone was correct. (GMT-6)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I agree. The code shouldn’t need to adjust. The device and server would have already adjusted on their own.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Here's a guess if you see this problem. In "Date Options" try changing he time zone to another time zone and then back to your correct time zone. Does that correct the arrow problem?
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

I just checked my laptop and iPad and now it seems to be fixed. Maybe it took a full 24 hours.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I did nothing as well and all appears correct today.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Maybe time just stood still while the Rome Temple was dedicated. Maybe?

Return to “Calendar”