Delete one instance of recurring appointment

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Mitchee

Delete one instance of recurring appointment

Post by Mitchee »

Is it possible to delete one instance of a otherwise recurring appointment?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Delete one instance of recurring appointment

Post by lajackson »

Mitchee wrote:Is it possible to delete one instance of a otherwise recurring appointment?
You should be able to right-click on that instance and see the option to delete just that instance, all future instances, or all previous and future instances, i.e., the whole recurring event.
Mitchee

Post by Mitchee »

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and it didn't work. When I right-click, it treats the appointment like a link, giving options to open/copy/save the link. Any other thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Click on the occurrence of the event you want to remove. Then click "remove". You'll be given the option of "Only this event", "Following events", or "All events".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Oops. I was close, but russellhltn was closer (i.e., totally right).

But the single event delete option is there. It allows a recurring event to be established, then cleaned up for holidays and other occasions where the regular event will not actually take place.
Mitchee

Post by Mitchee »

Thanks russellhltn! I was nervous about trying that, thinking it would delete it completely.

And thanks lajackson!

Return to “Calendar”