Calendar 400 Errors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
noctufaber

Calendar 400 Errors

Post by noctufaber »

It looks like there's some major server problems with the church's calendar service. I suspect there are some problems with the calendar website being unable to scale according to the demand. I imagine there are many people attempting to schedule events at this time of the year. This isn't the only time I've seen problems, but today has been the worst. I'm guessing the church's stance on using cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP that are designed to scale is to not use them in order to be as self-reliant as possible. That makes sense to me. However if using cloud services isn't against church policy, perhaps that's an option in the future to help with these scaling issues.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 400 Errors

Post by russellhltn »

I've tried adding an event a few times since you've posted, and I haven't run into any problems. Nor has anyone else chimed in with a "me too".

The calendar may suffer from issues on busy days, but is unlikely to suffer prolonged issues due to "scheduling season".

I've you're still experiencing issues, I'd suggest testing using incognito mode. Church web pages seem to have ongoing problems with old cookies that can manifest themselves in a number of odd ways. Incognito mode is a quick test for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
noctufaber

Post by noctufaber »

Thanks for the reply. Could the problems be at the stake level? The reason I ask is our stake executive secretary was trying to look at the schedule to help me schedule the appointment, but he wasn't able to. While this was happening I checked my connection. I checked other areas of the church's website, and I checked other websites. All seemed to be working well. I'll try using incognito mode next time around.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

noctufaber wrote:Could the problems be at the stake level?.
It's possible something is corrupt in the data. If incognito mode doesn't work, use "Feedback" in the footer of most web pages to report the issue. Apparently, there needs to be a report to allow the developers to look at your individual situation. I can nudge someone, but there has to be something in the feedback queue for them to act on it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”