Calendar won't scroll in Safari

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
B_Seegmiller
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm
Location: Southern California, United States

Re: Calendar won't scroll in Safari

Post by B_Seegmiller »

I’ve received a notice from folk at the feedbacks site that say it’s fixed.
It’s not fixed, for an iPad.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Calendar won't scroll in Safari

Post by CrockettDR »

This turned out to be a Safari bug caused by Apple, that we haven't been able to fix on our end and reported to Apple. However, complaints have seemed to disappear. Hopefully they made a fix. Try upgrading Safari or your IOS if you can.
andrew.olson
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: Calendar won't scroll in Safari

Post by andrew.olson »

I've upgraded to the latest version of MacOS (11.2.3) which was released about a week ago, and the unexpected behavior persists.

Perhaps in a future update...

Thanks for your help!
B_Seegmiller
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm
Location: Southern California, United States

Re: Calendar won't scroll in Safari

Post by B_Seegmiller »

CrockettDR wrote:This turned out to be a Safari bug caused by Apple, that we haven't been able to fix on our end and reported to Apple. However, complaints have seemed to disappear. Hopefully they made a fix. Try upgrading Safari or your IOS if you can.
At this point, on iPadOS, only the monthly view won't scroll. The weekly view can now scroll vertically, but not enough to view anything past 7pm on my display (13" MBP).

Probably not the first time Apple has torpedoed their users.

One suggestion via feedback from the church's website was to zap the browser's history and cache and cookies. That, to me, is like using a howitzer for removal of a splinter. Re-establishing all those Web sites ... sigh.
russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 31129
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Calendar won't scroll in Safari

Post by russellhltn »

cheerioboy wrote:One suggestion via feedback from the church's website was to zap the browser's history and cache and cookies. That, to me, is like using a howitzer for removal of a splinter. Re-establishing all those Web sites ... sigh.
Not as painful as you might think.

The only thing I see memorized is the login, but that's to the authentication page - not the individual website.

Church webpages do suffer from cookie build-up that can cause strange things. As a quick test, try incognito mode. If that works, then it's a cookie issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
B_Seegmiller
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm
Location: Southern California, United States

Re: Calendar won't scroll in Safari

Post by B_Seegmiller »

russellhltn wrote:
cheerioboy wrote:One suggestion via feedback from the church's website was to zap the browser's history and cache and cookies. That, to me, is like using a howitzer for removal of a splinter. Re-establishing all those Web sites ... sigh.
Not as painful as you might think.

The only thing I see memorized is the login, but that's to the authentication page - not the individual website.

Church webpages do suffer from cookie build-up that can cause strange things. As a quick test, try incognito mode. If that works, then it's a cookie issue.
Incognito mode! Excellent suggestion! I will try that!

Incognito mode: No bueno

A good suggestion, but it doesn't change the behavior of the monthly view. :cry:
Post Reply

Return to “Calendar”